Goal zero nomad 7

1234AveA

Lil-Rokslider
Just the regular usb cord you use to charge your phone/battery pack.

This is for emergency situations mostly. It folds to basically nothing, wont really take up pack space. You can even put it in the hydration bladder pouch behind the bladder to make the pack slightly more rigid. I have the Nomad 10, which weighs about a pound, this one I think weighs a bit less . You can plan to have enough battery packs to juice your phone/inreach on a x day trip, but if something goes south this solar panel is the only way to get power to those devices if your battery packs are drained.

The 10 wont charge an iPhone directly, I cant say for sure that's the case for the 7 plus. You have to charge a battery pack, then charge the iPhone. I believe it charges android devices directly. If you get a battery pack that is pass-through capable (like jackery battery packs), you can charge the battery pack with the Nomad, and a iPhone cable from the battery pack to iPhone to charge it all at once.

Solid feedback. Thanks! I think I will grab one and test it out before my hunt so I can test its abilities.

1234AveA

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll charge my phone at night with a power bank and then leave the bank on charge with the solar panel during the day. Good system for me. You get multiple chargers out of the power bank so if you have a couple cloudy crappy days you’ll be fine bc it doesn’t need charged each day. Then you just recharge it when you get a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea as well!

I’ll charge my phone at night with a power bank and then leave the bank on charge with the solar panel during the day. Good system for me. You get multiple chargers out of the power bank so if you have a couple cloudy crappy days you’ll be fine bc it doesn’t need charged each day. Then you just recharge it when you get a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, I did a section hike of the AT and if you are on the move you can strap it open with panels out to your backpack with a charging cable to your battery pack inside your pack and charge while on the move. Theres an opening on every corner of the device to easily lash it to your pack. To me, the weight penalty is worth the piece of mind.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be running four 10,000 mah Anker battery packs for running my Sony A6400 off of and to keep my phone and GPS charged. Once it comes in I'll see how long it takes to charge one of my 10k packs up.