Goat hunting this year

Jimbob

WKR
So who's hunting goats this year? Sorry if you are unsure about your hunt because of covid.

I'll be putting in for a unit out my backdoor with high odds and I'll be hunting the general season archery unit 30 mins away. I guess a few of us are blessed to hunt goats over the counter in the mountains we can see from our homes. I have been on 4 DIY goat hunts and would consider them all successful but some mishaps along the way. Really focusing on an archery goat this year.

Also, anyone draw a special tag?

Catchfish

WKR
I have a tag a short drive from the house. Depending on work schedule now if I get to hunt it. We put off a plant shutdown due to the covid this spring and it’s now happening in aug-oct timeline

as.ks.ak

WKR
I hope I’ll be hunting them late November!! I normally hunt the first nice weather weekend after the opener in September but this year I’ll be hunting bou/sheep/moose on a diy adventure. Then my wife and I are expecting our first born in October and God willing we get into a routine, I’ll slip away to try and find a love smitten billy low in the cliffs around Thanksgiving.

I’m a very lucky man to have a wife that understands my necessity for time in the mountains, we’ll see how that all develops as we become parents..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be hunting goats on Kodiak again this fall. No special tag, just the two goat registration/general harvest.
That's probably the #1 hunt on my wish list right now...have to decide soon between Idaho elk or Kodiak combo platter this fall....who you using for transport?

That's probably the #1 hunt on my wish list right now...have to decide soon between Idaho elk or Kodiak combo platter this fall....who you using for transport?

I’ve been using Island Air now since 2012, prior to that it was Andrew’s. Dean Andrews sold most everything in his business to Island recently, so they have a very large fleet of aircraft and are very accommodating, but there’s really no bad operation on the island.

204guy

WKR
I will be, pulled a nr CO tag out of left field. Had a WY tag last year. Can't be more than a handful if any other guys hunting goats in consecutive years in the lower 48. Very blessed.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
I will be heading back into Prince William Sound again this year for a registration goat hunt. Mid to late September timeframe depending on weather and sea conditions.

DocGlenn

FNG
I’ll be in CO. Couldn’t believe when I got drawn. Got a lot of work to do to get ready.

I hope I’ll be hunting them late November!! I normally hunt the first nice weather weekend after the opener in September but this year I’ll be hunting bou/sheep/moose on a diy adventure. Then my wife and I are expecting our first born in October and God willing we get into a routine, I’ll slip away to try and find a love smitten billy low in the cliffs around Thanksgiving.

I’m a very lucky man to have a wife that understands my necessity for time in the mountains, we’ll see how that all develops as we become parents..

Congrats 🎉 on the baby!

22lr

WKR
Have a trip to Kodiak lined up in Nov, assuming I can actually get there in the middle of all this. A partial DIY trip for goats and deer (if we can get our goats first). Just the general harvest for me as well.

Gumbo

WKR
I was fortunate enough to pull a tag in the Beartooth Mountains of Montana after about 20 years of applying. I'm pretty excited but intimidated by the scale of these mountains. I've spent a lot of time there fishing and seen lots of goats, but most of the specific area I drew is new to me. I hope to shoot a mature billy with my bow, not really concerned about score at all, just a unique (for me) hunting experience.

eatonc926

FNG
Montana goat hunt this year for me. Not my tag since I got one a few years ago but still excited to get out.