Goats don't know how many feet a llama has...

MuleyFever

I think that at some point walking up to an animal hiding behind another animal is no more difficult than just shooting it from a distance with a rifle.

I had a friend that shot some African buffalo on a ranch in Texas by walking behind a truck until in range then putting an arrow in it. He was so proud of killing it with his bow.

Warmsy

I think that at some point walking up to an animal hiding behind another animal is no more difficult than just shooting it from a distance with a rifle.

I had a friend that shot some African buffalo on a ranch in Texas by walking behind a truck until in range then putting an arrow in it. He was so proud of killing it with his bow.
I might try that at lunch tomorrow on some blacktails.

jmez

It works with a horse on antelope. No idea on goats.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
S

squirrel

Well the rifle idea has merit but would be illegal, so there is that...

The truck idea is good too but it will be 20 miles away, and while I have a 20 mile pin on my compound I do not on my recurve. Are you suggesting I hold over? I find that very unethical, can't believe you would suggest it to me.

OP
S

squirrel

Came in here to say: Jeremiah Johnson did it so it must work…also hopefully there aren’t any overzealous goat hunters in the area that might mistake that white llama thing for a goat and take a shot at you…
The wife says just so they don't hit the llama... It's an archery tag, but in camp they'll still have an orange neck band.

OP
S

squirrel

The update is that this whole 'operate a business that caters to hunters " is total bullspit when it comes to getting away and doing some hunting of your own! The unit requires week of time just to hunt for one day due to travel and hiking distances.

It appears that I can go sans llamas next week. Llama availability will be in October so I'm hoping on a late. fall. Packing a goat on my own back while feeding 22 pack llamas all year?? WTH?

Princess says it's definitive proof of my stupidity... but what the hell does she know. When asked to cover my outgoing rentals she responded with "what part of "sole proprietor" do you not understand"??