Goats don't know how many feet a llama has...

Wow, great story and hunt, and congratulations on making it happen. Now you can ditch that diet just in time for all the holidays...

as.ks.ak

WKR
I followed very cautiously and saw my large billy showing no signs of any wound just 30 yards below me. This made zero sense until I could see he was staring with all his might at a very dead and bloody goat 15 yards in front of him. I pulled the camera out as he spooked, Im not sure which of the two was bigger but I knew damn sure which one was deader. It was a beautiful day and spot for a butchering party and I got him all skinned and chunked in a couple hours time.

Leaving the meat on some rocks to cool I took all my gear and the rug back to camp and took a 65# load the 4-1/2 miles and 3000’ down to base camp. The next day was the hardest with sore muscles to start with and a round trip of 9 miles and 6000’ on the day’s schedule. This second and final trip was a 75# day, and I was feeling every bit of 60 birthdays upon arrival back at base camp. The following day with the wooly boys for help we did a 14-1/2 mile run down another 1600’ and the truck was a very welcome sight indeed.

We name all the mounted heads in our house and my Princess asked if he had a name yet, as sometimes it takes a while to come up with an appropriate choice, but this one was an easy one, he’s going to be Georgie Boy. Thank goodness that it was only 6 days of Boy George another 32 and it might have gotten ugly up there.

Well for some reason all kinds of my pics won't upload on this site, pretty much all the scenery shots won't work and it appears that every shot I have of my billy are too large also. So I guess there aint gonna be a dead goat pic, sorry. This last shot is of the one who was pointing my dead goat out to me as he skedaddled away.View attachment 336418

84a290f93f0e10a6499cc6f7738ae211.jpg

I found your post and commented on it on the Goat Hunting facebook page. Here’s the kill photo you posted over there, for you and all the other Roksliders wanting to see this goat!!

Congrats again, killing a goat with a bow is special. It has eluded me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

squirrel

WKR
Thanks for posting that up sir my techno skills are weak-non-existant... Speaking of which somehow I did not cut/copy/paste a critical paragraph which sets the whole "boy George" theme which follows throughout. Sorry, once again lack of attention to detail as I got all flustered as to why similar pics from the same camera on the same setting taken 10 seconds apart upload or do not upload on this site.

I did go back and edit it to add the "Boy George" paragraph to make the text make sense. If any of you are peeved send me your address and I will refund the subscription money no questions asked.

Laramie

WKR
Thanks for posting that up sir my techno skills are weak-non-existant... Speaking of which somehow I did not cut/copy/paste a critical paragraph which sets the whole "boy George" theme which follows throughout. Sorry, once again lack of attention to detail as I got all flustered as to why similar pics from the same camera on the same setting taken 10 seconds apart upload or do not upload on this site.

I did go back and edit it to add the "Boy George" paragraph to make the text make sense. If any of you are peeved send me your address and I will refund the subscription money no questions asked.
Really enjoyed reading your story. It was much more entertaining than most of the stuff I have seen recently in outdoor magazines. Thanks for posting.