Gohunt draw odds

Has anyone on here applied for a tag that Gohunt said would be 100% draw odds and not drawn the tag?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chad E

WKR
I haven't personally but I have had friends that it happened to. Remember those are last years odds and not necessarily predictive odds. Depending on bonus, preference, or no point system on a hunt code with low tag numbers it only takes a few applicants jumping in to really throw things off for what seemed 100%

Just put in for a Wyo. LE pronghorn tag in a really good unit. goHunt and Wyo hunt stats predict 100% draw odds based on my points. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks when the results are posted.

Odds are based on the latest year’s report, they have no idea what the odds will be for the current year. Using previous year’s reports give a good basis but the odds generally get worse every year !

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone of the data services is drinking from the same well so to speak when it comes to preference point data. There are no secrets anymore, if you see 100% draw odds from last year so did everyone else and guess where they will put in? You can watch the teeter totter effect over say about 4-5 years.

Rich M

WKR
Yes, Go Hunt, podcasts, Eastmans, etc. have changed the way we play the game. Eastmans had changed the points necessary for WY Gen Unit C mule deer to 3 pts once. That area has like 20% public access. LOL!

Imagine if Randy N gave out a secret tip of where to go. LOL!

What gets me is it is not difficult to research the areas, points, seasons, etc. It is actually part of the fun.

So how does Go Hunt work anyway? Do you plug in your requirements?
- low hunter density
- decent harvest rate
- season in October
- decent chance to harvest a 160-inch+ buck
- 50%+ public access

And then it cooks out a result and tell you how many points you'll need?

Ben Allen

FNG
I was always a bit nervous to take their odds to heart. Especially when a unit gets blown up on video or a picture somewhere.

WKR
Also if the non resident cap has already been reached then you are out of luck. I was able to pick up a leftover that I had applied for but I am sure it was because of the non resident cap had already been meet.

BuzzH

WKR
Also if the non resident cap has already been reached then you are out of luck. I was able to pick up a leftover that I had applied for but I am sure it was because of the non resident cap had already been meet.

Wyoming?

If so, you don't understand how the draw works...

Chanlon86

FNG
Has anyone on here applied for a tag that Gohunt said would be 100% draw odds and not drawn the tag?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I used GoHunt for draw odds. This was my first year ever applying for tags. I had no points. I drew a tag in Nevada and Utah. I call it all luck. Both states antlered mule

Norm555

WKR
Another benefit of GoHunt draw odds is they provide historical draw odds so you can see how they’ve changed over the last 4-5 years. Helps to identify point creep and have a better projection of tags you could draw.

Not hard to find the odds yourself with all the info out there. You may not be able to come out with an exact number but you’ll know which ones are easier and which ones are harder. No one knows what they will be year to year. Personally I think a lot of gohunts odds were to conservative but that was just my experience.

I think their best feature isnt the odds its being able to see what the season dates are for multiple states. It really makes planning easier. Gohunt is useful if you apply in five different states or more any less and I say do it yourself.

jwelders

FNG
This year I put in for nr deer and elk in Colorado that gohunt listed at 100% at my point level last year and drew neither.. Post draw results showed 0% and 50% (36 of 72) for the 2021 draw. Showed 54% for n.m. elk and struck out there also. Just hasn't been my year so far but hopefully Wy deer will change that.