Gohunt maps Iphone - Converting back to OnX

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
How is everyone liking the Gohunt maps?

I have a very difficult time using it. Ran a test last week on a deer hunt and it didnt work like i hoped. I had downloaded offline maps ahead of time, but when i had no service load times were VERY VERY slow, talking over a minute. And when it would finally load it would ask me for my log in credentials every time. I am also disappointed in the resolution. I wanted to like it since i already subscribe to Gohunt, but i ended up going back to OnX.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Go hunt, does not have the Eastern States where they have thier western states. Therefor I'm an OnX user still.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
I'm given up. I'm a member to Gohunt,and since the map feature comes with your subscription, I've tried to stick with it. However, Gohunt phone maps is beyond frustrating. Imagery lacking, fewer trail/road names, keyword location search rarely successful(trail name, creek name,mountain name etc. Layers often don't load. Slow boot up time or multiple times opening and closing app to load layers of boot up. My years of using OnX prior to Gohunt were much more pleasant. Looks like I'll be switching back.

Gohunt has a lot of cool features, but feel they really need to work on the basic functionality of the map app.

Am I the only one?

No your not alone I've tried for awhile to like the maps since I was already an insider. Even on my computer at home everything seems to load very slow even worse on my phone with good service in town. Again I tried to get rid of onx but it just plain works

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
When you had no service did you put the phone on airplane mode? If you dont i believe the apps still try to use cell service and it slows it down. Turning on airplane mode defaults them to offline maps.

I had the log in issues on my phone as someone mentioned. I was in and out of service and had appeared to lose all my maps. I later restarted my phone as I had service and couldn’t send texts. That seemed to fix Gohunt maps for the rest of my hunt. I would also mention they have all 50 states now. I want to like it but still prefer Gaia gps. Will be using both on an upcoming hunt and seeing if I can get the Gohunt app to work better. It has some pluses with its downloads and 3d maps but also has drawbacks. Last year my dad had onx but managed to somehow not get the contours downloaded with his maps which was frustrating.

Superdoo

WKR
Per the response I got from GOHUNT customer service (and the fact that my membership renewed in July), I will hang on until next year.
Customer service said they are looking to do a major release in October that should bring full functionality to all states (or at least ND).
My conversation is below.

Attachments

• 8E64F444-5066-4F0B-84F2-01223AC68523.jpeg
    8E64F444-5066-4F0B-84F2-01223AC68523.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 55141F8D-AC35-4E3D-B2A7-F1BF5EA4BFFA.jpeg
    55141F8D-AC35-4E3D-B2A7-F1BF5EA4BFFA.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 45
OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Per the response I got from GOHUNT customer service (and the fact that my membership renewed in July), I will hang on until next year.
Customer service said they are looking to do a major release in October that should bring full functionality to all states (or at least ND).
My conversation is below.
This is one of my concerns. I think they have a lot of work to do to get their maps to work right, before they push out more content.

Superdoo

WKR
This is one of my concerns. I think they have a lot of work to do to get their maps to work right, before they push out more content.
I should have stated that I am NOT optimistic that anything will improve.

Baller

FNG
I bought it on a discount and so far have not been too keen on it. Will keep trying but I guess I am just in too deep with onX. Doubtful I will renew it when it is up for renewal.

Jmort1754

WKR
I like their 3d maps on the computer better. I just way point off them and import them to onx.

NYSKIER

WKR
No your not alone I've tried for awhile to like the maps since I was already an insider. Even on my computer at home everything seems to load very slow even worse on my phone with good service in town. Again I tried to get rid of onx but it just plain works

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
used both since I too am an insider but I'm sticking with Onx like you said it just plain works

sivart

WKR
I recently got it, since it was basically free with the 50 point deal they had. It's garbage compared to Onx in just about every way. IMO. I deleted the app.

I've tried both. Wanted to like go hunt but it is inferior to onx for my use. Sticking with onx.