gohunt vs eastmans, vs huntinfool

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have gohunt but I am becoming increasingly annoyed at the information provided. It is often inaccurate and looks like some very generic info copied from state fish and game data. Is eastmans or huntinfool better?

Trial153

WKR
I currently have gohunt but I am becoming increasingly annoyed at the information provided. It is often inaccurate and looks like some very generic info copied from state fish and game data. Is eastmans or huntinfool better?
No

HuntNTag

WKR
I think GoHunt will be a bigger game changer once they get their mapping platform on the phone to take on OnX, BaseMap, Gaia and HuntStand which will also be included into the annual subscription. I like their platform right now for escouting and it can only get better from here. I do like GoHunt as a platform overall but everyone has their opinion to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
The only difference that I find is I can call folks at Epic or Huntinfool and talk about units not mentioned as the best in a state. Sometimes they have really good intel, other times they don't know any more than I do already. Eastmans is in the middle between gohunt and the other two, IMO. I like Eastman's articles, so they have some added value.

It's all in how you use what they offer. If you want the top units and kind of generic info, gohunt and eastman's are about the same. If you want to talk to a human, the other two are better.

That said, talking to a biologist in the unit you are interested in is more help than any of the above, IMO. It really comes down to what questions you ask and how you use the info. I typically use Gohunt to get the units I want to research, then use the phone to narrow that down for my applications. I could do the same using info from the state websites, but the draw odds tool is too easy in GoHunt even if it is only a ballpark in some states.

Jeremy

Tags are incredibly speculative in nature. You're betting that some amount of points or whatever (represented by time, waiting for the tag you want) are worth not going on lesser hunts. But you can eat tag soup on a great hunt, too. The problem with these services (and I'm a GoHunt INSIDER member and used to take both Eastman's) is that they tell everyone the same thing. So, if you're the kind of person that likes to "outperform the market" you might be more inclined to subscribe to them and then do something other than what they recommend, guessing that's what the other readers will do. I will continue to be an INSIDER member and at some point will add back the Eastman's, but I have found more and better details by calling and talking to actual poeple, like biologists and wardens. I just use the subscriptions as a filter to figure out who to call about which units.

Rich M

WKR
You have to remember that these subscriptions are just that - subscriptions. Multiple 1,000s of guys look at the same information and many make the same decisions cause they have the same goals.

There was a WY antelope unit that got 1,000 applications for the 2020 season. That would not have happened if it wasn't for a subscription service.