Going back to the Frank

Hello everyone. I haven't been to the Frank in several years and my wife wants to go this year for Muley's. I put in for the control hunt and if i'm not drawn we are planning the last week of october. Anyway, she is along for the hiking and adventure. Never hunted there in October any info would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
If you don't draw, you could find a few deer along the MF before November but it might be tough. I know of guys who've shot deer literally across the river in October from the strips but don't plan on many deer around that low. Driving in is not a reliable option either. It's like the draw is there for a reason. If you guys can really hike, I'd put in a long hike from the strip and you could get into critters, especially if there's weather.

I don't think it's best to talk pros/cons on various strips on the public forum. I'd recommend PMing people who respond here.

OP
jymarine24
If you don't draw, you could find a few deer along the MF before November but it might be tough. I know of guys who've shot deer literally across the river in October from the strips but don't plan on many deer around that low. Driving in is not a reliable option either. It's like the draw is there for a reason. If you guys can really hike, I'd put in a long hike from the strip and you could get into critters, especially if there's weather.

I don't think it's best to talk pros/cons on various strips on the public forum. I'd recommend PMing people who respond here.
trying to figure out how to PM you.