Going bald again.......

velvetfvr

WKR
Don't know where to put this but I am Going bald again for the 5th year. Trying to decide if I should die my hair a color since for st bald ricks my hair is going bye bye. This is where you shave your head to raise money for cancer. I have lost 2 friends to cancer so I do this. Thinking I want to die my hair a color, so any suggestions? I have been growing it out since December since my hair grows wicked fast. So I should look like a dork when I am getting it shaved. Lol

bbrown

WKR
Must be rough - I have been legitimately going bald since I was 3 but I was screwed by my genes. My dads bald along with both my grandfathers.

Very cool thing you doing but I say stick with what you got as far as color - let the new "owner" decide for themselves.

Shrek

WKR
Thats awsome you are doing this but I'm against dying it also. Some little girl should get to decide what her new hair color will be. A lot of things are being decided for her and done to her. A little thing like choosing her new hair color could mean a lot. I saw a 13 year old little girl get a donated wig and I can tell you it was a huge deal for her to have that hair. I get choked up thinking about her. She lost her battle a few months later. That wig was a little ray of light in a very dark time.

is this through a group or foundation? ive been wanting to get in on something like this for a long time as my hair also grows very fast and gets downright nice when i let it grow but then i just sweep it into the ol trash can

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Thats awsome you are doing this but I'm against dying it also. Some little girl should get to decide what her new hair color will be. A lot of things are being decided for her and done to her. A little thing like choosing her new hair color could mean a lot. I saw a 13 year old little girl get a donated wig and I can tell you it was a huge deal for her to have that hair. I get choked up thinking about her. She lost her battle a few months later. That wig was a little ray of light in a very dark time.

It will be right before like a week before. Can't be donated.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
is this through a group or foundation? ive been wanting to get in on something like this for a long time as my hair also grows very fast and gets downright nice when i let it grow but then i just sweep it into the ol trash can

Well I think it's a foundation. I am part of a team for this little girl who was a friends twin sister that died from cancer. Her older sister is shaving and her mom did last year. Definitely tough times for the families there. So I shave my head for them.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very cool thing you are doing! May the antler gods shine on you in the upcoming season for your good deed.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Very cool thing you are doing! May the antler gods shine on you in the upcoming season for your good deed.

I hate to say it but the last 5 years they haven't exactly helped me. More have been against it seems like.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
16th is the day I am free of my hair on my head! Will have before and after pics!

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Some sad news has been brought to my attention, my grandpas cancer has returned after 9 years and its kinda bad. So this shave might be tough. Just a update.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363451610.314629.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363451617.955811.jpg

Only could do blue over pink since we had a assembly with boys against girls. I wasn't gonna die my hair pink so I went with blue. 10 hours until its gone!