Going to Iowa

Mosby

WKR
I didn't draw a Colorado elk tag this year but I just got an email telling me I drew a whitetail tag in Iowa.

Super excited. I have seen some nice bucks in the area. Something fun to look forward to.

Last edited:
OP
Mosby

Mosby

WKR
Very cool! I live in that zone. Pm me if you need some help finding a place to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Much appreciated. I have hunted up there quite a bit for turkey and pheasant, so I think I will be good but I appreciate the offer.

Last edited:

bmrfish

WKR
Congrats! Any recommendations for Iowa outfitters? We are getting close.

I’m not patient enough to wait 3-5 years to bow hunt Iowa so put in for and drew a late muzzleloader tag. My wife manages some branches of her company out that way and I got permission to hunt a 115 acre farm through a guy she works with. It’s mostly agriculture (about 85-90 acres) with some timber mixed on creeks bottoms and edges. It’s also located within 10 minutes of a few decent sized parcels of public land. My plan is to spend the last 7 days of the season hunting there. Will bounce back and forth between private and public.

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Iowa. Went to college here, left for a decade plus and moved back. The rut here is truly special. When picking dates halloween through the whole month of november is technically good. First two weeks usually the best. But the key to anything is weather. If you get the temp drops in those first two weeks of november it is a huge game changer. Its like a light switch was turned.

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s some more motivation:

Have hunted public land out there twice, killed good bucks both times.

I love Iowa…

fa8c56c46bb972492da6101aa016bcfd.jpg

d2fb431b918d20af78bb201a54df4745.jpg

RTSJ

Lil-Rokslider
Are u able to just buy a preference point in Iowa or how does it work? I’d like to start applying and do an archery hunt in a few years.

Roy

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Are u able to just buy a preference point in Iowa or how does it work? I’d like to start applying and do an archery hunt in a few years.

Roy
Yep you are. Timeframe is May (I think) and it’s around $65 or so for a preference point. Good thing is they never expire.