Going to need a new camp next year.

87TT

WKR
Well, they just re opened the forest after the fire and I took a drive up to check the damage. My camp spot was burnt up. I usually set up a small base camp here during September for elk and drive to trails from here. I was there early September before the fire got too close.
IMG_0987 Steve in his campsite.jpg
Standing where my tent usually is.

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
Some parts were pretty burned but there are large areas where it just spotted and under burned. So not as bad as it could have been.

11boo

WKR
My close to home drainage I usually base from is getting logged next year. It really needs it too, we are starting to get pine beetle here. Plenty of other places, but you get to know one well.

AKBorn

WKR
Well, they just re opened the forest after the fire and I took a drive up to check the damage. My camp spot was burnt up. I usually set up a small base camp here during September for elk and drive to trails from here. I was there early September before the fire got too close.
View attachment 226956
Standing where my tent usually is.

If that's base camp and you usually drive to trails to hunt, is it not still workable for a base camp, if you clear away any widow makers?

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
I could use it, but the charm of it was the seclusion. Couldn't see it from the road but not now. I'll scout one up next spring or summer. It's only 1 1/2 hr from here.

Most of all of us are gonna see some thing like this where we hunt. Good news is in a few years all the game will be feeding in the burns and at least the fringes!