Gold tip kinetic arrows

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone use these? If so how do you like them?

Im trying to get away from my fmj's while keeping my weight up a little. Im getting sick of bending fmjs. I shot the axis for a while but am having problems with keeping the tips of the arrows in tact. So i thought id give the gold tips a try. From what i hear they are one of the tougher carbon arrows.

Gman

WKR
It's what I use and like them alot although I didn't put one into an animal this year. I did shoot hundreds of 3D targets, some trees, and even a few rocks (accidentally). I was very happy with their durability for sure. The whole reason I went to the Kinetics was the very reason you mention. I bought a dozen FMJ's and while awesome arrows I tend to be unstable in the backcountry. So switched to the Kinetics and I'm also able to keep my arrow weight up -- around 480 now I think. I have the outter inserts but would be interested in the HIT that works in those. I think the outter insert is stronger but I like the way the HIT looks better. hope that helps.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to kinetic's this year I've got three dear off of one arrow, seeing more pass threws, was averaging a deer an arrow with the GT hunters, already love the kinetics!

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Also do you guys reccomend the hit or GT insert?

I dont care for how the axis had carbon against the point, it seemed like a weak point. Id like to use the gold tip inserts however i dont if they wont hold up

Gman

WKR
Also do you guys reccomend the hit or GT insert?

I dont care for how the axis had carbon against the point, it seemed like a weak point. Id like to use the gold tip inserts however i dont if they wont hold up

When I was making the choice the advice I got was GT insert much tougher and better chance of arrow living after going through your target. Negative is the insert can bend on a serious impact. HIT insert looks cooler but makes the arrow weaker at that point (so I was told) and any arrow is more subject to splitting and shattering with a HIT insert. There are guys much more knowledgeable than me about this on here so I hope they chime in but that's what I was told.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
When I was making the choice the advice I got was GT insert much tougher and better chance of arrow living after going through your target. Negative is the insert can bend on a serious impact. HIT insert looks cooler but makes the arrow weaker at that point (so I was told) and any arrow is more subject to splitting and shattering with a HIT insert. There are guys much more knowledgeable than me about this on here so I hope they chime in but that's what I was told.

I have a good bit of experience with the hit inserts. There nice in the fmj's because the aluminum is tough enough to keep the tip of the arrow in tact. With the axis i had a few problems with them splitting and begining to wear on the tips.

Have you bent any of your inserts? Id really like an arrow that i can kill a grouse with as well as big game, without throwing away 10 bucks for a new arrow every time i shoot at something other than a target.

Gman

WKR
Well I shot this grouse and the arrow is still perfect (so I guess I did shoot an animal, forgot about that). I haven't bent an insert yet.

grousefordinner.jpg

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Thanks for the info gman, i think im going to try some kinetics, maybe ill make a couple up with hit inserts just to test them out

tasty looking grouse! after jumping more of them than i can count this weekend bowhunting im putting down the bow next weekend and taking a shotgun. Grouse in WI dont sit on the ground waiting to be shot like those CO grouse do!

I shoot and like Easton axis arrows and like them. But also have some kinetics that I like.

Last edited:

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have switched both hunting and target arrows over to GT. The FMJ's can get mushroomed slightly on the end because of the HIT Insert. This in turn makes it difficult to get the broad head to screw on straight creating issues with arrow flight. The GT's have been much more consistent in weight and spine, which is what I want out of my arrows.

Buy six and if you don't like you are not out much. But I bet you like them....

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I think ill give them a try. I did like the axis arrows, but they just didnt hold up as well as the fmj's

Last edited:

Bubba

FNG
I shot the GT kenetics this year. They fly great. The only thing with these arrows I didn't like was the Accu tough insert. When I was setting up my arrow I questioned the strength of the accu tough insert. When I was elk hunting this year i was shooting in camp and hit a rock and the broadhead broke off right where the insert meets the tip of the arrow shaft. I have never had a broadhead break off like that. Then I hit an elk two days later, 30 yards shot in the rib cage. From the look of the shot I thought I had a dead elk. After looking for blood "nothing". I find my arrow and the arrow has 5 inches of blood on it and the broadhead was broken off the same exact way as when I hit that rock. Has anyone else had issue's with the accu tough insert? I'll be changing out the inserts for next year. Great arrows but I'm not sold on the insert.

Yea I have not had any issues with the inserts. But have heard of some guys with issues. You could always go with a HIT insert

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
The GT Kinetic shafts are great but the inserts and nocks suck. I broke both frequently and switched to X nocks and either HIT inserts or the Firenock Aeroinsert. The FN is a very strong outsert and is anodized black too. Only other option is a Deep Six Steel RPS insert, but you have to use DS BH's then.

ontarget7

WKR
I like these shafts, however I am not a fan of any outserts so I use the HIT inserts with them and they have worked great. They really do need a 340 spine thou and I hear they might becoming out with one .

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I used them last year and will continue to use them. I like the smaller diameter. Put one through a RM Big horn Sheep at 40 yards. this year. I bought a dozen last year and shot them all year long using the HIT inserts with no problems. They will find their way into my quiver again this year. I am a huge GT fan great arrow for the money.