Gold Tip spine?

NEhunter

WKR
Hey guys, looking to try out some of the Gold Tip Kinetics and was wanting your opinion as to what spine to get. I am very close to being right in the middle on the chart. Hoyt Vector 32, 28" draw @ 70#. Looking to cut my arrows at 27". 400 or 300 spine Kinetic XT's?

Last edited:

ElkNut1

WKR
For your setup .300 spine, this will allow you to use any weight broadhead you desire from 100grn to 225grn.

ElkNut1

SDHNTR

WKR
at 27" and with 100 gr, you want .340 spine. If you go much longer and/or shoot 125's, you want .300 spine.

Fellow Cornhusker,

I am also from Nebraska. On Target says you are a little on the stiff side with the 300's, but I think the consensus is to go with the 300's. The 400's will be way too weak and and it is better to be on the stiff side. I haven't seen anyone selling the 340's in the kinetic yet, but i have heard they are coming out. Maybe a fellow Rokslider has some insight and will chime in. If wanted too you could add an inch or two to your arrow to give it a bit more flex or use the Gold tip weights that screw into the back of the insert. This will give you a higher FOC, right now you are just under 11 with a 430 grain arrow at 290 fps. You could also go with the easton brass HIT insert which I know a few guys on here have done. I think there is a thread talking about it. Let me know if you want to change it up, I can plug it in for you.

Ryan

OP
NEhunter

NEhunter

WKR
Awesome! Great info. Well, I called around and there are no Kinetics at my local shops here. I know I can get them ordered but with what you are saying, would I be better off going with an Easton (FMJ/Axis) with an 340 spine? I am not wanting to add too much more length to my arrow, however, 1" might not be too bad if that would make the 300 spine on the GT right on for my set up.