Golden Eagle outfitters Kotzebue

I am posting this to hopefully help any potential clients that are considering hiring Golden eagle outfitters out of Kotzebue. Please research all the reviews the company has on Google and other sites and you’ll find they not a reputable operation and if you make the mistake of hiring them your hard earned money is at risk. Cummins are true dirt bags, crooks with a pilots license……

I am posting this to hopefully help any potential clients that are considering hiring Golden eagle outfitters out of Kotzebue. Please research all the reviews the company has on Google and other sites and you’ll find they not a reputable operation and if you make the mistake of hiring them your hard earned money is at risk. Cummins are true dirt bags, crooks with a pilots license……
I am a fan of people calling out bad outfits but you need to explain your experience and let people judge for themselves. Just calling an outfit names without explaining your position is the wrong approach. For one, you may just get this thread deleted and then you didnt really warn anyone.

Elkangle

WKR
Yeah I couldnt say enough good things about golden eagle...I think you can look at other threads and see how he handled the closers and see all you need to see

eamyrick

WKR
I had a stellar experience with Golden Eagle in 2021. Jared isn’t a big talker but a solid dude from as far as I can tell. People make mistakes but I have a hard time thinking he wouldn’t resolve anything that came up in a fair manner. Our trip actually ended up cheaper than initially quoted because we were able to split a ride with another group. I fully expected to pay the price quoted but was pleasantly surprised. During my limited time in the hanger I quickly recognized that I couldn’t put up with half the clients he takes into the field.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Internet research does not confirm a ton of negative information as you imply. TripAdvisor reflects a 4.5 overall rating on 43 reviews. There are several good reviews including a few from Rokslide in the past.

Considering locking this thread or deleting all together but I will offer the OP time to respond with details.

OP
C
Ok, I apologize for not explaining. I booked a caribou hunt with him in 2022, as you know certain areas of the brooks range were closed for caribou hunting unless you’re a native sustenance hunter. I asked for a refund and was told to roll to 2023 even though the closure ran through 2023. His reasoning was he had good reason to believe the season would open. Well big surprise no hunting in 23 so let’s roll it to 24 or 25 or 35??? In other words the moneys gone and “non refundable” even though other outfitters took hunters to state land in 22 and they were very successful according to the biologist that counts the herd! And a bit more information for you, the hunt was planned as a dream hunt for my son who battled cancer for two years prior and this hunt was the only thing that he talked about doing if and when he beat it. So if that ain’t enough info take down the post and send good old Jared your money. As for me, anyone who would keep money under these circumstances is a piece of s***!

VernAK

WKR
The Cummings family is from my neighborhood, and I know the parents and grandparents. A very respected family. Please explain your situation and what outfit you would recommend.

eamyrick

WKR
Seems like you paid a deposit. The law changed and he is doing the best to make sure you eventually get to go on the hunt if a lifetime though he likely has no legal obligation to return your deposit. It’s not getting any cheaper and if I were you I’d get a date set out now that we know more about the closures and enjoy your trip.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
First-prayers and well wishes for your son.

What does your contract detail about refunds etc? I know is sucks to loose money on a trip but sounds like he is willing to parlay the funds over to a new trip. I would curious to know their responses to your request for a refund and the details within the contract.

OP
C
He has no legal obligation to return a deposit for a service he chose not to provide? Lol Ram air took their clients as they were paid to do. I guess if you have 50 clients with 4500 deposits it’s good for business to “hold” the 225,000 in case there is a season once again? I own a business and regularly accept deposits and you can be assured the service is provided and if ever it can’t be the money refunded, legal obligation or not. I have a moral obligation.

OP
C
Philos, thank you for the prayers! My son is doing well. He finished college after 4 wicked rounds of chemo and landed on his feet. Losing 4500 dollars means nothing, I am blessed that he is ok! I am man enough to say I am hurt that anyone could consider keeping a deposit in such a situation. I posted here as I’ve always come to this site for hunting information. It’s clear some feel Golden eagle is reputable and so be it. I know the truth and if one person avoids what happened to us I say thank god!

gerry35

WKR
Seems pretty easy either:
-take the client into an area that he can hunt
-give the deposit and client to another outfitter who can take him out
-or refund the money
Don't care how "reputable" the family is. If they are reputable then doing the right thing will be easy for them. Making them wait for years for a hunt that may or may not happen is bush league at best.

OP
C
Seems pretty easy either:
-take the client into an area that he can hunt
-give the deposit and client to another outfitter who can take him out
-or refund the money
Don't care how "reputable" the family is. If they are reputable then doing the right thing will be easy for them. Making them wait for years for a hunt that may or may not happen is bush league at best.
gerry35, your post truly says it all. Any other plan of action is an attempt to pacify true intentions.

We are in the same boat, it has been hard to swallow, especially after seeing them purchase a new 10 passanger plane! I understand that we gave them a deposit that is Non-refundable, but consider doing the right thing. They have given the option to go fishing but that is not what we signed up for.

OP
C
Fsuhunter1010, I’m sorry to hear you were also taken by Golden Eagle Outfitters. I was unaware they purchased a new plane, it certainly was more affordable after they decided to keep many thousands of dollars they did nothing to earn. It’s laughable that they offered you a fishing trip, why don’t they take someone fishing that wants to go and return the deposits? I posted reviews on every site possible in hopes other potential clients will be aware the operation is not credible. Before I sent our deposit I explained to Jarrod that I was aware they were trying to close the season and he assured me it had been going on for years and would never happen. He also knew it was a trip to celebrate my son Jeremy’s battle with cancer. The lack of empathy considering that makes me realize he’s a very small pathetic man.

We are in the same boat, it has been hard to swallow, especially after seeing them purchase a new 10 passanger plane! I understand that we gave them a deposit that is Non-refundable, but consider doing the right thing. They have given the option to go fishing but that is not what we signed up for.
Just look at it as a crowd sourced small business loan... To the tune of $225k-250k.