Golden eagle outfitters

VernAK

WKR
I saw Jimmy about an hour ago and it didn't sound like he had any cancellations on the Delta end. Other popular fly-in providers in my area are not getting cancellations either. If your scheduling is flexible, it may be prudent to get your name on the list should they have someone back out.

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Hoping??? It will be there and ready for sure!!
I am sure it will be Walt. Always a little scary when you are coming from someplace like Little Jackrabbit Australia and the main gear to survive is not in my grubby little hands. Thanks for the reassurance.

mooster

WKR
I sure appreciate the gear lists as i get ready for my first caribou hunt at 72 yrs old. Now i am trying to figure how to stuff everything in my double rifle case and rolling duffel. Would love to see what you guys put your gear in to fly up commercial. I know i can leave the rifle case and travel clothes in the hangar, but the initial flights could need an elephant to stand on the luggage to get is shut.
We used 105 liter Grunden, wide mouth dry bags. Transporters prefer soft side, and it was nice to be able to have the protection. https://grundens.com/shop/collections/spring-2020-collection/gage-105-liter-shackelton-duffel-bag/

mooster

WKR
You'll find tons of other info here on kotz. I will say we stayed our first night at the Nullaġvik Hotel, pricey and a bit of a pain in the tail as you have to tote your gear up to their lobby, no alcohol allowed in hotel period. We were delayed a day going in so 2nd night we stayed at Bibbers B&B. It was great. She allows alcohol, has a great room for chilling with your group and others, at a low price. You have use of kitchen and fridge. We stayed with her again we we returned.

Last edited:

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
You'll find tons of other info here on kotz. I will say we stayed our first night at the Nullaġvik Hotel, pricey and a bit of a pain in the tail as you have to tote your gear up to their lobby, no alcohol allowed in hotel period. We were delayed a day going in so 2nd night we stayed at Bibbers B&B. It was great. She allows alcohol, has a great room for chilling with your group and others, at a low price. You have use of kitchen and fridge. We stayed with her again we we returned.
We're looking for a place to stay on the way in and on the way out did Bibblers have a way to freeze your meat for the trip home? We're going to bring our meat home as checked baggage with Alaska Airlines.

mooster

WKR
Bibbers didn’t have a freezer other than a fridge freezer. I’d ask your transporter if they have a freezer.

BillB

FNG
We flew with Jared last year and they had a freezer in the hanger ( subject to room available). We stayed at Bibbers on the back side of our trip and it was probably the best choice of accommodations we made- comfortable and clean. We stayed at a different B&B on the front end and it was a dumpster fire.
The crew at Golden Eagle are great folks and will treat you well.

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
We flew with Jared last year and they had a freezer in the hanger ( subject to room available). We stayed at Bibbers on the back side of our trip and it was probably the best choice of accommodations we made- comfortable and clean. We stayed at a different B&B on the front end and it was a dumpster fire.
The crew at Golden Eagle are great folks and will treat you well.
Thanks, I'm going to call Bibblers and see if we can get a room. Jared seems like a respectable guy in the conversations we've had. Did you guys fill your tags?

BillB

FNG
My hunting partner shot a bull he liked the first day. I passed a couple bulls in range the first day, than a low front moved in and we had torrential rain for the next seven days. I hunted everyday all day and passed several smaller bulls despite the limited visibility. The last day I had a young bull at 25 yards- counted coupe on him and enjoyed watching him. I'm not a trophy guy buy any means- heck the horns from the last Caribou I shot are in the corner of my shop leaning against the wall- I just enjoyed the challenge of trying to shoot a bigger animal this year.
They are good guys and will position you for success as best they can.
Keep a good attitude, enjoy the experience and the country and hunt hard and you'll find what your looking for. I did without even punching my tag this year.

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Bear fence! Best 5.9 lbs we allocated in our group gear weight last year. UDAP brand. 45'X45'. Worked like a charm. Slept like a baby.

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, but not right in camp. I got charged by a young grizzly during a stalk on a herd of caribou. We each popped up over the same ridge from opposite sides. He did not appreciate that. Ended well but scared the crap out of me. We saw lots of bears while we were in our camp, but nothing closer than 1/4 mile. The fence was always on except when we were active in camp. Glad I brought it along.