GoLite Poncho Tarp

B

bearguide

thanks for the links , looks like a great product. i like the cost of the golite, the design of the six moons, and the weight of zpack

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have been playing with the GoLite Poncho Tarp a little bit lately. I think it is a pretty decent product. It would be serviceable shelter with an ultralight bivy, and good rain protection in a sudden storm. I wouldn't want to do any extended hiking in it though.

Rizzy

WKR
The breathability is what concerns me, when it rains its always warmer. I have been searching for a poncho tarp made with E vent, but haven't found anything yet. The golite has the right price and seems to be a more feasible option for what its use will be.

sk1

WKR
I've been looking at these, pretty sure id still carry my normal rain gear.....i was thinking more along the lines of an emergency shelter when you've got to really hunker down and wait out a down pour

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
8c8ca1dc.jpg

ade7c42a.jpg

It is awesome!

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
I've been looking at these, pretty sure id still carry my normal rain gear.....i was thinking more along the lines of an emergency shelter when you've got to really hunker down and wait out a down pour

My intended uses are:

1. Cover pack and body during downpour.
  2. Glassing shelter from sun, rain, snow, wind.
  3. Butchering shelter.
  4. Emergency shelter.
I would consider it for an ultralight primary shelter if I was shorter. I'm 6'2" and it would be really tight for day after day use. Seems like all ultralight gear is made for people less than 6'.

sk1

WKR
So if I'm caught in down our with lightning does that mean I have to find a stick to use and not my aluminum trekking pole? :(. I was just thinking it might be a good idea

Lost Arra

FNG
Must be popular item.
While I already own one I was going to get one for a gift.
Link now shows them to be sold out.
Any other purchase sites?
Sea to Summit has a similar one....for about twice the price.

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Must be popular item.
While I already own one I was going to get one for a gift.
Link now shows them to be sold out.
Any other purchase sites?
Sea to Summit has a similar one....for about twice the price.

GoLITE has gone to direct sales only. So any products found elsewhere is old stock. One I really want to try is the Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape.
http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tarps/GatewoodCape.html