Golite Shangri-La 8.....Anyone?

ewade07

WKR
Sadly, I was a day late at scoping through my local classifieds on Craigslist and just missed the opportunity on this guy. Looks like a baller basecamp setup if you get a stove in it. Peak height is 6'6" and an sleep 8 or so people, or plenty of room for 4 and gear.

Has anyone ever used one of these, or even better, have one in their possession? Sadly they were discontinued some time ago. I would love to get my hands on one!

CCH

WKR
I had an SL-6 (same design, but slightly smaller than the 8) and installed a stove jack in it. Very usable space compared to tipi designs. The SL-8 should easily take four guys, gear and a stove.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
I had an SL-6 (same design, but slightly smaller than the 8) and installed a stove jack in it. Very usable space compared to tipi designs. The SL-8 should easily take four guys, gear and a stove.
How spacious is the SL 6? And how does it work with the stove?

CCH

WKR
It worked great with a stove. I had five guys in it without a stove and think four with a stove would work in a pinch. Because the walls pull out, you can use almost the entire square footage.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
It worked great with a stove. I had five guys in it without a stove and think four with a stove would work in a pinch. Because the walls pull out, you can use almost the entire square footage.
What’re the chances you’d be willing to get rid of it? 😬

CCH

WKR
"had" one. ;) I sold it to a very close friend two years ago. He and his brother are about the only guys I would end up using it with on a hunt, so having him own it works out fine for me and he can use it for winter ski trips as well. I have an SL-4 with stove jack that will do for most trips (2 man plus gear.)

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
Well shit. After seeing that 8 I really want to get my hands on one.

DavidR61

FNG
I have a complete Golite Shangri-la 8. It is both the tarp and the nest. Neither one has ever been out of the bag it came in. Selling for $600 including shipping.

DavidR61

FNG
I also have a Golite Shangri-la 5. It is the tarp only - no nest. It too has never been out of the bag.
Selling for $250 including shipping.