Gonna get Kifaru'd

OBP

WKR
Ive been looking to upgrade my pack and think I'm set on the duplex timberline1 with a large belt pocket and a cargo panel. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything I'm forgetting or need to add to the order?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Possible pouches (KU version) for waist belt pockets! If you get the standard lid get another another to go on your lid for more places to stow quick access gear without digging in your pack.

7mag.

WKR
the pullouts are cheap and really help with organization inside the pack, other than the belt pouches Luke mentioned.

Agreed. The pullouts are great, really made a difference in my organization as well. I got 4, and I'll probably get more.

OP
OBP

OBP

WKR
What are you all running for lids? I think I'm going to get the XTL but not 100% sure.

Lawnboi

WKR
Of anythihng i would say you should get atleast some lashing straps. Beyond that id say its all preference of what you want. You will probably be making another order soon enough :) most of us have

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
I have the XTL top pocket and it is a little bulky because of the large "apron" on the sides. The pockets that you can connect onto the sides, will also double as belt pouches. I use the Grabit to carry a snow shovel, snow shoes, or my bow during archery season.

JG358

WKR
What are you all running for lids? I think I'm going to get the XTL but not 100% sure.

MY last pack was 5200 and I always used the XTL because I needed the extra space. Now that I have the DT1, I cant see myself using the XTL very often unless I'm packing for a 10+ days.

millsms

FNG
Possible pouches (KU version) for waist belt pockets! If you get the standard lid get another another to go on your lid for more places to stow quick access gear without digging in your pack.

I know you can attach the dock and lock system to the top but how do the 3 bard slider as in the possibles/orbelt pouches attach to the top of a standard lid?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've had the pullouts and don't use them much for the timberline bags. I would get a grab it instead of the cargo panel.

I've got the xtl and regular flat top lid and am about to sell the xtl because it never leaves the gear closet.

littlebuf

Banned

i bought mine with a standard lid and the a claymore lite, in the event i would need it i could strap it to the top.its cheaper,lighter and if i'm not mistaken about the same CU as the XTL.however Ive yet to "need" the extra capacity with my T1 and am coming to the realization that if i do i probably need to drop some gear.i for one am glad i didn't drop the extra coin for a XTL or long hunter as all it would really do is add weight to the pack.the T1's are huge. i put all my gear in mine and still had a full side pocket empty,one of the back pockets empty and didn't even come close to needing the snow color. just some food for thought

I have a standard t2, no pockets or pullouts and dont feel I need any. I have the horizontal lashing kit and stuff the grab-it into the pocket it comes with. I havent used the strapping kit or grab-it yet but come hunting season I may? The only other accessory I have ordered it the kifaru tactical auxiliary holster as I prefer to just strap my rifle to the pack. I havent found a need for extra pockets/lids and other things yet.

Last edited:

cmeier117

WKR
I would get a strapping kit and grab it for a bow. If you are not a bow hunter scrap that. I have a T2 and got XTL but wouldn't have gotten it with a T1. I do like the organization and am use to having things in a lid. But the KU pocket luke is talking about would solve this. X2 on pullouts I love mine, and maybe another D&L pocket

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I know you can attach the dock and lock system to the top but how do the 3 bard slider as in the possibles/orbelt pouches attach to the top of a standard lid?

The standard lids have 4 loops on top of the lid that you slide the four 3 bar sliders through. It's not designed to be ran that way I am sure as its a bit of a pain to put it on he first time but after you do it once you'll get it on/off in about a minute just get some needle nose pliers to help ya out. Cheaper and lighter than going with the XTL. The grab it is handy for sure as well.

My t1 is setup more lightweight UL setup with just a grb it and a KU possibles pouch on the standard lid. While my dt1 is setup with the XTL lid and the cargo panel. Granted all the parts and pieces are interchangeable this gives me two different packs but one is about 2.5 to 3 pounds lighter but both have ample room for gear and game just really comes down to what pack I need for a given trip.

Pullouts are needed for organization. Also a grab it is very functional. Help secure a bow, carry clothing, or a cape etc. The neat things you could buy from Kifaru is endless. Compression bags to shelters to sleeping bag. Sky's the limit or I mean your wallet is... Kifaru rocks!

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
My T1 has a standard lid, 2 hip belt pockets and the Grab it. I throw the Lash-Kit on the inside. More than enough for me for 10-12 days.