Good basin?

What do yall think about this area for spring bear. I hope I'm not ruining someones spots but I kind of doubt it. If I am dont start hollering about it and announce it to the world, send me a pm and Ill get rid of it. From everything I have learned from here and other places about drainage systems, bear habits and whatnot, this looks like a pretty solid spot.

This basin is over 2 miles wide and almost as deep. If this doesnt look conducive to bears in the spring let me know what to look for. I have been in this area in the fall and this is my first spring bear hunt so I am learning everyday. Any help would be awesome. Its a 30 hr drive so I can use all the help I can get.

Attachments

• Image 5-13-22 at 1.56 PM.jpg
    Image 5-13-22 at 1.56 PM.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 142

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
I'm no expert. But what my first question is whether or not there is snow at that elevation and is the area accessible? Bring a chainsaw.
Second question is there going to be food? Ie. Bright green grass.
Third question is there water?

OP
LIWolverine
I'm no expert. But what my first question is whether or not there is snow at that elevation and is the area accessible? Bring a chainsaw.
Second question is there going to be food? Ie. Bright green grass.
Third question is there water?

Right now there is no snow. Area is accessible. Food and water present. Base of the mountain is 3500ft Peak is 7800ft. Chain saw is tuned up and ready to rock if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I find that planning on hunting a specific destination is a recipe for error. I'd suggest being ready to glass from afar everything that's uber green and not pressured.....then adjust.

OP
LIWolverine
I find that planning on hunting a specific destination is a recipe for error. I'd suggest being ready to glass from afar everything that's uber green and not pressured.....then adjust.

This is actually a backup spot then I have another backup lol. A backup for my backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
searching now for spots that are 45 degrees and have a SW 10mph wind in the mountains (thanks for the tip on the spot) ;)