Good book about moose hunting???

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to the beach with the family next week and looking for a good book. I have a moose hunt this sept so something about moose hunting would be a bonus. Any suggestions?

PNWGATOR

WKR
Float Dragging Alaska by Larry Bartlett is a really good read and includes a lot about moose hunting.

OP
McCree

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
John, I actually borrowed that book from a friend 2 or 3 years back for a similar family beach trip. After returning home I inquired on here about purchasing it and was able to buy all 4 of Jay's books off a kind gentleman who wished to pass them on. They are somewhat prized possessions of mine now. LOL. Great reading!

OP
McCree

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
John, I actually borrowed that book from a friend 2 or 3 years back for a similar family beach trip. After returning home I inquired on here about purchasing it and was able to buy all 4 of Jay's books off a kind gentleman who wished to pass them on. They are somewhat prized possessions of mine now. LOL. Great reading!
To add to that one of the books is signed. A few weeks later the gentleman reached back out to me for my address again. Said he had something else to send me. A few days later I recieved a July 1997 issue of Traditional Bowhunter that was a memorial edition honoring Jay. Oh what it would have been like to hunt with that crew back in those days!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There’s one just called “moose hunting in alaska”, I didn’t think it was all that good though.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
One With the Wilderness by Mike Mitten. Not limited to moose only, but a lot of remote wilderness hunting in Alaska, Canada, and the western US, that relates to an Alaskan moose hunt.