good Broad heads on a budget

Tmeeks

FNG
I’m new to bow hunting and I’m looking to get input on broadheads. What are some good budget friendly broadheads any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Creed28

FNG
Muzzy 3 blade r on sale at cabelas! Per 6 in a package, instead of 3, just seen them at cabelas for $19.97

Last edited:

MNman

FNG
Providing your draw length and poundage would help here. For example, I have a short draw and shoot at 65lbs. So I don’t shoot anything over 1” 3/8 diameter because it does not perform well for me. But more than anything, go to a local shop and shoot them. If all else fails, download the Camofire app as they always have broad heads on sale.

archer60

FNG
Budget is relative..
nontheless most of the main manufacturers are priced around the same....NAP, Muzzy, VPA, QAD and Slicktrick.....all good quality.....more importantly is what works best with your set-up (consistent accuracy)....

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
VPA would get my vote. They are easy to sharpen, hold an edge very well, you can get these things stupid sharp, and they are extremely tough. The two blade I have in the picture was from a shot at 60 yards where I smacked rebar. I dropped my bow arm and hit the 3d targets leg. For this type of medium along with a 635 grain hitting rebar at 255 fps, I honestly don't know maby broadheads "Budget" broadheads that would fared this well. Besides RMS Cutthroats and Bone Broadheads.

First picture is the before and after and the second is the 3 blade VPA I have.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 43

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Broadheads seem like an odd item to save money on. They are not that expensive versus the rest of your gear and are a major part of killing an animal. You are putting all this time and money into hunting, don't go cheap on arrows and broadheads.

There are awesome budget friendly bows, eat PBB&H on bagel, etc.

TripleJ

WKR
Hard to beat muzzy trocars for affordability and good flight, and they are still fairly tough and kill well. Magnus broadheads are also a good value.

Hi
I went with the Muzzy 3 blade based first on if i needed to get a repacement pack they are sold in every store in the country second item was price they fly same as feild tips for me

OP
Tmeeks

Tmeeks

FNG
Thanks everyone I know budget was relative but I just wanted some ideas of ones to try at the shop next weekend I like the iron will but dang the price I’ve dropped a lot of money gathering gear up so wanted to try an upgrade maybe next year to something like that. As far as my specs I’m pullin 75# at 29” shooting tennis balls at 40 yards pretty consistent. Thanks again

Thanks everyone I know budget was relative but I just wanted some ideas of ones to try at the shop next weekend I like the iron will but dang the price I’ve dropped a lot of money gathering gear up so wanted to try an upgrade maybe next year to something like that. As far as my specs I’m pullin 75# at 29” shooting tennis balls at 40 yards pretty consistent. Thanks again

Here’s a thought, you’re arrows are gunna be ripping. If for any reason you tune and damage a broadhead, a quality broadhead will hold up better vs buying a new set to plus back up..... also this is why I don’t much care for replaceable blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tmeeks

Tmeeks

FNG
True true I’ve been wantin to get good stuff on everything else I looked at the magnums an slick tricks. Thanks for the perspective