Good Catfish area?

Scottyboy

WKR
I’ve always done well on the Mississippi, anywhere near lake pepin (during the warmer months). Have never tried this time of year, I’m sure you can find them though

My son and I are looking for a long weekend road trip from Wisconsin to try to catch some catfish. Driving 8-10 hours isn't a problem, I am just not sure how far we would have to go to get into some decent fishing in February. Any suggestions, places to try? We will be fishing from shore. Any help is appreciated.
is there a certain catfish you are looking for?

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Buggs island/Kerr lake in nc/va
World record class blue cats

Little bit further than 10hrs

This.

I’ll also add Lake Gaston, NC to the list. Biggest Blue Cats in the country here in NC. Kerr Lake has the record at 143lbs. Cape Fear River has big flatheads just next door. You can’t go wrong either way.

Last edited:

Chasecm69

FNG
Green River Cromwell Kentucky, maybe, never been but came across a youtuber running trotlines n juglines, he seems to do okay.

OP
C

Conroy

WKR
Any report from your planned Feb. trip?
We did not end up going. My son had some stuff going on and he canceled on me. I plan on making the trip myself in April. Unfortunately the month of March is busy at my job because I have a big audit that I had to concentrate on. Now that it's over, I will start planning it out. When I figure out the exact dates, I will post it on here. If anyone in the areas I head to want to meet up, we can set something up. I am as green as they come when it comes to catching big catfish. It would be cool to see the right way to get it done.