Good deal on Vortex Razor

I was at sportsman warehouse with my wife today and while she was buying a new handgun I ambled on over to the optics counter and saw the vortex razor gen 1 spotting scope 85mm for only $750. I was wanting a spotter cause as it sits I only have a pair of razor 10s and a pair of SLC 15s I felt content with what I had till I could one day swing a swaro spotter but when I saw razor glass for that price I ended up pulling the trigger. I know its not swaro but I couldn't pass up a good deal, also if this one breaks they said they will send me the 2nd gen spotter as the replacement. As I was paying for it 4 more people where behind me buying the remaining ones they had. Took it out this evening during twilight and was pleasantly surprised with how good it did.

Spotter.jpg

Honestly, for that price you can't go wrong. I have used the Razor side by side with an ATM 80 and Meopta S2. The Razor gives up little in comparison. Good find

Sled

WKR
Honestly, for that price you can't go wrong. I have used the Razor side by side with an ATM 80 and Meopta S2. The Razor gives up little in comparison. Good find
i purchased one and sold it after a side by side comparison for a few weeks with my viper hd 20-60x85. i intended to have it replace the lower end viper but i ended up preferring the warmer color of the viper and did not see much if any gains. having never looked though the meopta or atm 80 i'm a little bummed that they don't perform much above the razor.

i purchased one and sold it after a side by side comparison for a few weeks with my viper hd 20-60x85. i intended to have it replace the lower end viper but i ended up preferring the warmer color of the viper and did not see much if any gains. having never looked though the meopta or atm 80 i'm a little bummed that they don't perform much above the razor.
I will admit that I am more of a value guy. Its not that the ATM or Meopta don't perform better, but 750 vs 1800 vs 2200... Not worth the extra IMO

ChiefO

FNG
Good deal you got there! Curious as to what tripod and head assembly you are running it with? I'm looking for something more stable and smooth for a Kowa I just purchased.

OP
GetWestern
Good deal you got there! Curious as to what tripod and head assembly you are running it with? I'm looking for something more stable and smooth for a Kowa I just purchased.
It’s a slik pro Amt the head came with the tripod.

keller

WKR
I ordered one online. It was Chinese I returned it.they still have them online.sign up for their e-mail get another 10% brings it down nicely .not a bad scope i just opted to save more money get what I wanted and smaller to pack.

bigmooi

FNG
from other photos I have seen there is a "made in china" sticker on the mount...
I can confirm it is "made in china" but the build quality seems great, just like an iPhone... built to a specification as requested by a vendor...

bigmooi

FNG
I am running mine on a Gitzo G5 with a R4 P&T head and a Linhof Quickfix II ... Luckily my father is a photographer who has extra gear and when I told him I was going to buy a carbon fiber tripod for non mobile use, he said why not just use what he already has (but it will not be light weight, roughly 10-13lbs I am guessing)... but I have been looking for a HD carbon fiber tripod (80+ lbs capacity) that I could use for both the Scope and something to shoot from also if needed, also I really do not want to risk having the Gitzo stolen from the car at any point since it is not mine.