Good deal, yes?

OP
Hawgfan

Hawgfan

FNG
@Hawgfan thats a deal right there. I just submitted my app for the VIP (veteran) program. Didn't know that offered it. Pretty cool. Thanks.

Yes sir. EuroOptic has got a lot of my money. Great deals with the discount. Bought several guns from them as well. Great company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly deer hunting (primarily bow) in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. I go out west to Colorado every year elk hunting. I’m like you and much prefer 8x42. I’ve been using some cheap Diamondback HD 8x32 bow and turkey hunting and really love them. I’ve used some Leupold BX-2 Cascades 8x42 for probably 6 or 7 years before these. They were fine and I’ve tried BX-4 Pro Guides but for some reason my eyes just like the Vortex glass better.

I’ve been killing deer for 35 years hunting with $300-$500 bins and never had a need for $2,000 bins. Now if I lived out west or somewhere I was constantly glassing long distance that would be another story. I’m hunting in county where 200 yards is a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Cass, where about in the Ozarks are you?

OP
Hawgfan

Hawgfan

FNG
I'm in Cass, where about in the Ozarks are you?
I live in Conway now but grew up in Clinton. My family all still lives in the Clinton area. That's where I still do probably 90% of my hunting. I've got a few leases up there and a bunch of family land.

Not that I’d never pay $2-3k for a binocular… because I would. They just aren’t top of my priorities. Some people act as if buying a nice $500 - $800 binocular is a complete waste of money and you might as well buy a toy from Walmart. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns and I think it starts around $1000. A $2000 binocular is most definitely better than a $1000 binocular, but it is not twice as good. In no universe that I’d recognize is a $3000 bino 3 times better. At least not to my eyes. Someday I may just drop that $3k but not until my other priorities are met.
How dare you act like anything other than alpha glass is even worth looking at, much less through?

BriderLV

FNG
If you haven’t yet… check out Guidefitter. You just submit a redacted DD-214 and get some great deals.
Yep they have great deals and expert voice as well. I snagged some Vortex Diamondbacks 10x42s from EuroOptics. Great deal and fast ship.

MattB

WKR
I’d never consider Vortex for my primary glass. Too many stories of products failing when it counts. At that point I don’t care how good the warranty is.