Good deal, yes?

Hawgfan

FNG
Been looking to upgrade my binos and keep coming back to these Razor HD’s. I’ve had good luck with other Vortex optics.
f34c51829f0695e0a3fc3af77b35ed50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a helluva deal to me. Where and when will you use them (for the most part)?

I like 8x42 over 10x42 for almost anything. And I believe that those are Japanese 👍

Not that I’d never pay $2-3k for a binocular… because I would. They just aren’t top of my priorities. Some people act as if buying a nice $500 - $800 binocular is a complete waste of money and you might as well buy a toy from Walmart. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns and I think it starts around $1000. A $2000 binocular is most definitely better than a $1000 binocular, but it is not twice as good. In no universe that I’d recognize is a $3000 bino 3 times better. At least not to my eyes. Someday I may just drop that $3k but not until my other priorities are met.

Last edited:
OP
Hawgfan

Hawgfan

FNG
Looks like a helluva deal to me. Where and when will you use them (for the most part)?

I like 8x42 over 10x42 for almost anything. And I believe that those are Japanese

Mostly deer hunting (primarily bow) in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. I go out west to Colorado every year elk hunting. I’m like you and much prefer 8x42. I’ve been using some cheap Diamondback HD 8x32 bow and turkey hunting and really love them. I’ve used some Leupold BX-2 Cascades 8x42 for probably 6 or 7 years before these. They were fine and I’ve tried BX-4 Pro Guides but for some reason my eyes just like the Vortex glass better.

I’ve been killing deer for 35 years hunting with $300-$500 bins and never had a need for $2,000 bins. Now if I lived out west or somewhere I was constantly glassing long distance that would be another story. I’m hunting in county where 200 yards is a long way.

Mostly deer hunting (primarily bow) in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. I go out west to Colorado every year elk hunting. I’m like you and much prefer 8x42. I’ve been using some cheap Diamondback HD 8x32 bow and turkey hunting and really love them. I’ve used some Leupold BX-2 Cascades 8x42 for probably 6 or 7 years before these. They were fine and I’ve tried BX-4 Pro Guides but for some reason my eyes just like the Vortex glass better.

I’ve been killing deer for 35 years hunting with $300-$500 bins and never had a need for $2,000 bins. Now if I lived out west or somewhere I was constantly glassing long distance that would be another story. I’m hunting in county where 200 yards is a long way.

I’ve been using my “garbage” Zeiss conquest 8x40 for the last ten years, in the Rockies for elk. I’ve made some good spots with them at pretty long range. This year I’m going to try 6x30 for archery and rifle 😱 while backpacking. Going to leave the heavier binocular for tripod glassing from the truck. I’ve only played with the 6x30 in the desert around my house. Looking at the interstate 1 1/4 miles away and estimating elk body size vs about 1/2 of the average car I believe I’ll have no issues finding elk at that distance.

OP
Hawgfan

Hawgfan

FNG
I’ve been using my “garbage” Zeiss conquest 8x40 for the last ten years, in the Rockies for elk. I’ve made some good spots with them at pretty long range. This year I’m going to try 6x30 for archery and rifle

If those are garbage, I’ll throw my Razors in the trash. Those were actually my second choice in my shopping cart…the 8x32 Conquest HD.

Looks like a good deal on their razor series. Over the past couple years vortex has changed glass in some of their models to HD some not. Some made in Japan others china. You really have to pay attention to some their descriptions of very similar products . They had 1st Gen diamondbacks and then 2nd Gen with hd. I believe they have good bang for the buck stuff . Someone mentioned above the diamondback 8x32 for deer and turkey. They are really nice for the money . (Might wanna hide the retailers name on the corner someone might wander over and pick up some nice binos. Lol)

What he said 👆
If you haven’t bought them yet I would. I think they’d be great for what you do. Great light gathering for the southern woods and plenty powerful for elk hunting.

OP
Hawgfan

Hawgfan

FNG
Order in. Y’all go ahead and buy them out.

I’ll have to say that price is their Military discounted price. Their regular price is $979.99.

Last edited:

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Military price makes sense. I’ve never found them for that price unless on eBay and used. Or fake

Good for you. I did a quick check the HD 24. 2oz .The new UHD (ultra high def sounds like marketing ) 32.4 oz. Looks like less weight than the latest version . Which is nice

BriderLV

FNG
@Hawgfan thats a deal right there. I just submitted my app for the VIP (veteran) program. Didn't know that offered it. Pretty cool. Thanks.