Good DIY antelope unites in WY?

bmf0713

WKR
The first time I looked into western hunting it was a little overwhelming but I’m spoiled and have only ever hunted private farm land in the Midwest before that. I didn’t know what Rokslide or Toprut or anything was so I did a lot of googling. The Wyoming game and fish website is pretty easy to navigate and has most the information you need. Do you have preference points? Go on Toprut and look at min points and draw percentages then you can eliminate a lot. Toprut lays it out in a nice list for you. Then get on Wyoming game and fish and research statistics for the areas you can even draw. No point in researching an area that takes 14 preference points if you only have one. Then pick an area that interests you. Tons of antelope in Wy. This is what I did. Also make sure you get an onx chip and good gps. I also got topo maps and gis maps and highlighted public roads and land I could even access. Easy to draw areas have a lot of private land and roads. It also doesn’t hurt to visit local ma and pa sporting goods shops and ask advise and spend a few bucks. This is what we did our first year and we’re glad we did.