Good enough to kill a moose…

But I’m still not thrilled. 180 grain TTSX in 300wm from Choice Ammunition.

Gun shot Walmart stuff better. Oh well. I’m going to stick with what I’ve got. Took my time at range yesterday and this is the best she’s going to do with these rounds.

Bergara Hunter. Leupold vx5 hd. Badger rings and rail. Everything torqued to spec. Rings lapped.

still need a couple clicks to L, but that’s going to be it. Will hunt locally with gun, travel to Texas with it in Jan and then shoot again next August prior to AK.

8331F62C-E8EA-41A9-849D-E53BE4A794A4.jpeg92F9876E-5BF4-4FCE-ACE9-4FD42FBA6D18.jpeg

OP
P
I hate rattlers!

So which shots were after the snake sighting......
Whole different weekend.

Tried to bring this guy home today, but my fat ass too slow. Come to find out not even a good pet. Oh well. Pretty. Go time in stand now! NW DF1129FC-F505-4D47-976D-3A7ACDAD1462.jpegDF1129FC-F505-4D47-976D-3A7ACDAD1462.jpegFlorida whitetail.

mcseal2

WKR
I’ve had good accuracy and performance from Nosler’s factory E tip ammo from my 300 win. I’ve killed a moose, elk, caribou, and several deer with it. Just an idea if you want to try something else with similar performance.

Downside is they went from $40 to $70 per box in the last couple years, and I think they only make one run of them a year. I have to stock up when I see them hit the online stores. I don’t have a Sportsman’s Warehouse close but they have them on the shelf more often than anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These type of posts are great reminders about the benefits of handloading. Taylor the load to the gun and just about any gun is a MOA or better regardless who made it or what cartridge it is...besides the fact that you have so many choices of components and all at much less per round of ammo cost. Then there is the "personal" time you get to enjoy while doing it and the personal satisfaction of accomplishment when you take game with your own loads or shoot those tiny groups at the range. All that said, a 1.5 or 2 inch group is good enough for any large game out to 300-400 yards.

trapperJ

Lil-Rokslider
Lucky for you a moose's vitals are much larger than a beer tab

Lucky for me I don't live in FL. I hate snakes!!