Good Entry Level Turreted Scopes

Hoping to get some opinions on the best entry level turreted scopes for western hunting. I've heard cheaper versions have issues with tracking but all the info I've seen is spread out across so many threads it's a little hard to keep track of.

I would say something under $750 would qualify. Also would be interested to hear how the Zeiss scopes perform, I may have an in on a significant discount on their stuff even though the Conquest is over that budget. I would say something in the 4-16 or up to 24 power as well. I'd like to be able to reach out to 500.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
The only cheap twisty knob scope that actually seems worth messing with is the Arken.
As for 500 yds, it's very doable with less magnification than you think. I don't anything over 14x, and my high end scope tops at 12x.

cmahoney

WKR
I have 3 of these, 500 yards no problem with a fixed 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Hoping to get some opinions on the best entry level turreted scopes for western hunting. I've heard cheaper versions have issues with tracking but all the info I've seen is spread out across so many threads it's a little hard to keep track of.

I would say something under $750 would qualify. Also would be interested to hear how the Zeiss scopes perform, I may have an in on a significant discount on their stuff even though the Conquest is over that budget. I would say something in the 4-16 or up to 24 power as well. I'd like to be able to reach out to 500.
Good timing

Northpark

WKR
Just get a Zeiss conquest. I have two and my brother has two and a buddy of ours has two. All are an excellent value and all six of ours have been used and abused and passed the test. They have been attached to two different .260 Remingtons, a 7-08ai, two different .300 win mags, a 7mm Rem mag, and now a .280ai as well. No issues with any loss of zero, track we’ll out to a mile. The above post link from red hawk rifles is how I bought both of mine.

PNWGATOR

WKR
SWFA 6x or 3-9x milquad in mil/mil is the answer. Done. Hold zero. Dial reliably. Return to zero.

Wrench

WKR
I have a pile of swfa, lrhs and conquest scopes. I advocate all of the above. I have broken a bunch of glass and moved almost exclusively to the above.

SDHNTR

WKR
What exactly is "less"?
Less money. I suppose one could make an exception for swfa, they are certainly tough and reliable, I just can’t get past their reticle choices. Out to 500 all you likely want/need is a standard duplex reticle.

The 4-16x44 at Redhawk is perfect for your needs at $700.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely check out Athlon, they have all the bells and whistles and track 100%. The Ares etr line is in your price range. Used ones come up on the hide all the time.
I believe Athlon was started by some guys that left Burris. Made in the same factory as some vortex.

They also have outstanding CS and warranty.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Just get a Zeiss conquest. I have two and my brother has two and a buddy of ours has two. All are an excellent value and all six of ours have been used and abused and passed the test. They have been attached to two different .260 Remingtons, a 7-08ai, two different .300 win mags, a 7mm Rem mag, and now a .280ai as well. No issues with any loss of zero, track we’ll out to a mile. The above post link from red hawk rifles is how I bought both of mine.
What reticles do you guys run or like the best for hunting

Northpark

WKR
What reticles do you guys run or like the best for hunting
I have a ZMOA on my .300 win mag and the ZMOA2 on my 7-08ai. They both have positives and negatives. The ZMOA is heavier and easier to see under low light. Since my .300WM is my elk gun the heavier ZMOA reticle is just fine for out to 800 yards on elk or mule deer. The ZMOA2 is much finer. It sits in my 7-08ai. Which is my coues deer gun. Also long range coyote gun so the finer Christmas tree type reticle is very nice.

SDHNTR

WKR
With elevation dials, I want a clean and simple reticle. Standard Plex or Plex with wind holds on the horizontal. Swarovski 4w is my favorite. I don't understand the complex busy reticles for guys that dial. Isn't that redundant?

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
With elevation dials, I want a clean and simple reticle. Standard Plex or Plex with wind holds on the horizontal. Swarovski 4w is my favorite. I don't understand the complex busy reticles for guys that dial. Isn't that redundant?
Agreed, but I like a simple scope with just bdc marks for hold over, just a bit quicker in the heat of the moment.

I'll second the used vortex Razor LHT 3-15. Capped windage and not having to worry about a turret accidentally spinning going in and out of the truck or rubbing on your back when slung.