Good luck A Zoners!

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
This Friday Wil be plus or minus 30 years that our group will celebrate the opener of A zone rifle season. A hand full of the under 30's (of which there are 3) are keeping us older guys young for sure.

We'll have our $10 bocce ball game which usually takes an hour or more, and certainly a few beverages along the way. This might be my personal favorite of the entire weekend. All of us will be going on different out of state hunts this fall, and we'll all compare notes and stories.

We'll cook big steaks, tell BIG lies, jump in the irrigation pond in the middle of the day and hopefully create some deer drives that will produce some shooting opportunities. The entire group will be following all proper regulations including our great Governor's desire that we shoot lead free bullets! Don't want any condors dropping dead on our watch! Good luck to all the Cali folks out there is weekend!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Haha I love it! Sounds like a fun group, I will be solo backpack hunting this weekend for the opener which I love to do but nothing beats that camaraderie you speak of. Good luck to you and your camp!

OP
CHWine

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
He's a 21 inch buck shot 12 miles from the ocean. We did a few good drives with 8 guys and a good dog. Friday nights rain and cool temps made the hunting good, but we were soaked in the first 5 minutes!

OP
CHWine

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Here's a couple other random pics of the weekend.IMG_20190811_094135721.jpgIMG_20190811_105656041_HDR.jpgIMG_20190811_101435425_HDR.jpg

He's a 21 inch buck shot 12 miles from the ocean. We did a few good drives with 8 guys and a good dog. Friday nights rain and cool temps made the hunting good, but we were soaked in the first 5 minutes!

that rain friday night was something else. loved every minute of it

OP
CHWine

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Got this fat boy second weekend of A season. There was only 4 of the big group participating but I'm sure thankful all hands were there. Got him on a steep chemise hillside and although the drag out was downhill it was thick going.
30924.jpeg