Good Luck to all the sheep hunters!

Jdog

WKR
I'm missing this sheep season as I just PCS'd overseas and can't make it work with work commitments--and it's absolutely killing me!

Good luck to all you guys! Be safe.

And as I always say, "heavy packs, full curls, double broomers and an occasional squeaker" (as my man Stidham says!)

Dog

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck all. Please post stories when you return so that i can live through your hunt until I can make it happen.

Dang Jdog, are you coming back to hunt goats? Best of luck to everyone, it all begins in just a few days!

VernAK

WKR
Was awakened many times in the night by lightening/thunder and hard rain. I haven't been out and about yet this morning but I suspect the creeks on the North side of DCUA are at dangerous levels

Brst of luck to all those out on the ridge tops right now glassing for a ram, or maybe looking through their scopes at a full curl right now, just waiting for midnight! Stay safe, shoot straight, and post up lots of pics!

waterrat

FNG
Best of luck to all sheep hunters,,,work trickeling in and a hernia keeping me Lake bound for 2015.

I can't wait to see pictures coming in!!

Jim

TEmbry

WKR
Good luck everyone. The 365 day countdown begins tomorrow before I will be sheep hunting. Can't wait to follow the hunts this fall.

currently Maryland until I can get back to AK
Good luck everybody, can't wait to read the stories and see the pics of the hunts this year! 364 days until my next sheep hunt, I got orders back to AK in October, so I'll get there just in time for everything to wrap up. Oh well, gives me time to get back into sheep shape for Aug 10th next year.

Good luck everybody, can't wait to read the stories and see the pics of the hunts this year! 364 days until my next sheep hunt, I got orders back to AK in October, so I'll get there just in time for everything to wrap up. Oh well, gives me time to get back into sheep shape for Aug 10th next year.
Sounds like you'll be getting back just in time to chase some long haired goats.:)

Floorguy

WKR
I haven't paid attention to what the weather actually did but I did see the Brooks range was supposed to be getting 5 inches of snow and rain pretty much everywhere not at elevation starting opening day.

At least part of the Talkeetnas got some snow on the 10th/11th too. Weather wasn't exactly sunshine and roses in all of the Alaska Range either.

I'm sitting this season out with a new babe in the house but I've got quite a few friends out there in the mountains right now. Looking forward to the stories.

Floorguy

WKR
Yep I am looking forward to the stories too. I am working on what will be the new 50 million dollar hallway when it opens at UAF. Would much rather be getting snowed on in the mountains thane be here.

jherald

WKR
Snowed on, blizzard for a bit, sunshine, rain, fog, repeat. In the end though, success with a sheep taken in a snowstorm at 5980 ft. Hope all in the field are as blessed as I was.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Snowed on, blizzard for a bit, sunshine, rain, fog, repeat. In the end though, success with a sheep taken in a snowstorm at 5980 ft. Hope all in the field are as blessed as I was.

Congratulations cannot wait for a write up