Good Lumbar Packs for Hunting?

I do a lot of still/slip hunting in heavy brush and love having a lumbar pack to minimize my profile and make it easier to move through nasty stuff. Currently I'm running a MOLLE combat belt with some pouches and a 1.5L bottle when I want to travel super light but I would like a larger pack that could carry a 3L hydration bladder and some extra layers for longer hunts or colder weather. Does anyone have recommendations?

It sounds like you’re looking for a “ruck” style pack without a frame or junk to get hung up on brush. The “mountaineering” style packs are pretty good in that they stay close and don’t negatively affect your center of gravity.

Something like the Mystery Ranch ASAP or a 3-Day Assault pack might fit the bill. Made in USA, but a little expensive.

I think Kifaru has some similar style packs that are excellent.

OP
Ozarkansas
I'm actually looking for something more like THIS but with a bladder. I have some assault packs and while they're good for some things, they still hang up more than a lumbar pack in brush and they're way hotter.

Sealee12

Lil-Rokslider
Find a used kifaru scout or wait a bit till they do their forthcoming limited release. Can’t recommend it enough for the exact usage you described .

iashow

WKR
Not currently being produced, but Bison Gear Packs would seem to fit your needs. Finally found a used one after years of searching.

OP
Ozarkansas
Find a used kifaru scout or wait a bit till they do their forthcoming limited release. Can’t recommend it enough for the exact usage you described .
How do the Scout, Hellcat, and tailgunner compare? I'd want the smallest one possible that still has straps/space for securing extra layers and can fit a 3L bladder.

Those bison packs look really good too

tater

WKR
I have one of these that i use an old kifaru duplex belt on and i have it modded to add an old nimrod pack above it with a different suspension.

It holds a fair amount of gear and is comfortable for those times in overgrown alder choked avy chutes. Really quiet as well.