Good news for Ebiker users on public land.

CJ19

WKR
USFS recently put out this press release.

At this time ebike are still limited to the appropriate motorized trails. The good news for ebiker users is that the forest service is considering a special designation in certain circumstances. Expansion of ebike usage designations could be seen as a positive for some public land users.

I have never used 1 in the past but i could see how one could be useful in certain situations. Im not sure who to contact at the forest service if you wish to let them know you support expanded ebike usage.

bsnedeker

WKR
Thank goodness they are coming around. It's absurd that they are not allowed. They have no more impact on trails or wildlife than a regular mountain bike so they should be allowed wherever mountain bikes are.

Not all motors are created equally so the above statements are just pearl clutching.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I always felt the same way but a dude inwork with wss arguing about it with me awhile back. Is the issue just they can go further than some on a normal bike or on foot?

CoStick

WKR
Thank goodness they are coming around. It's absurd that they are not allowed. They have no more impact on trails or wildlife than a regular mountain bike so they should be allowed wherever mountain bikes are.

Not all motors are created equally so the above statements are just pearl clutching.

If the motor doesn’t act like a motor why would you need one? It just allows people who aren’t in good enough shape to follow the current rules. Trophy for everyone mentality.

bsnedeker

WKR
I did you seem to think bike traffic on these trails would not increase because people who are not in going enough shape can use a motor to get back there. I think you are terribly mistaken.
Ahh, so you are concerned that too many people will be enjoying the back country.

Have fun with that.

cnelk

WKR
I have an ebike. These are the trails that lace thru some great elk country.

Elk will travel these during the night. And I’m there long before anyone else

Ebike regulations will be changing. And some will not be pleased.

C5ED9BDE-348B-4A0B-A375-366C9F5397C2.jpeg

CoStick

WKR
I have an ebike. These are the trails that lace thru some great elk country.

Elk will travel these during the night. And I’m there long before anyone else

Ebike regulations will be changing. And some will not be pleased.

View attachment 397669
We will see there is money behind them and it is very trendy to take the easy path, but hikers, horse groups, and bike groups are up to putting up a good battle.

bsnedeker

WKR
I think if you need a motor you should stock to motor trails. If you disabled there are approved modes of transportation. If you are just not in good enough shape, life is not fair.
Well hey, at least you're honest about your elitism. You have no real reason they are bad, you just want to keep people out. What a super guy!

LandYacht

WKR
Ahh, so you are concerned that too many people will be enjoying the back country.

Have fun with that.

Not sure what your position is with the not all motors are created equal statement, but I don’t understand how anyone could argue that an electric motor, or a gas motor, do not do the same thing on a bike.

Why have fun with that? It is very probable that a single track bike and hiking trail will have a significant increase in people pressure if it’s opened up to motorized bicycles.

I guess if the purpose is to get people into the backcountry then let them go anywhere there is an established trail. Fauna and flora management will have to adjust with the influx of people and what people bring with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
An e bike is motorized. So either call it what it is or open those trails to anything and everything. Here's the definition of motorized;
Noun
a machine, especially one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device with moving parts.

bsnedeker

WKR
Not sure what your position is with the not all motors are created equal statement, but I don’t understand how anyone could argue that an electric motor, or a gas motor, do not do the same thing on a bike.

Why have fun with that? It is very probable that a single track bike and hiking trail will have a significant increase in people pressure if it’s opened up to motorized bicycles.

I guess if the purpose is to get people into the backcountry then let them go anywhere there is an established trail. Fauna and flora management will have to adjust with the influx of people and what people bring with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol... are you serious? Do you know anything about ebikes? You think a dirt bike motor and an ebike motor are even remotely comparable? If that's where you're coming from you are not worth responding to.

You need to do some reading on things before commenting. Lots of info out there for you to educate yourself.