Good news for Ebiker users on public land.

Where would you draw the line. Black powder only? Iron sights only? No scopes over 4X? No spotting scopes? No GPS? No rangefinders? No horses? No game carts?
Apples to oranges. I made a similar comparison earlier and it’s really not a good one. The difference is that allowing motorized vehicles into non-motorized areas will change the nature of those areas and the hunt (or any other recreation).

There is no good reason to change it. Any desire to do so is just laziness. Meat can be bought at the grocery store.

It isn’t changing except in some very limited areas. Call your local USFS and ask.

def90

WKR
BTW, there are "e-bikes" that can keep up with dirt bikes on a motocross track. Opening up e-bikes on trails that are currently non-motorized opens a huge can of worms. I can guarantee you there are guys just waiting for that chance. Your outdoors experience will be affected in a negative way when it happens.

There will be plenty of turds getting angry when they aren’t allowed to use their stupid expensive electric motorcycles in non-motorized areas. Many will do it anyway. Let’s be prepared to document the intrusion and turn it in to the forest service.

Some will just use them in a legal/reasonable way and stick to motorized roads and trails. Good on them.

WRM

WKR
Now, is there a "cooling off" period before I can shoot after I ride my ebike in (ie no hunt on same day as flying)?

If not, will I be able to take my 1 mile shot while still sitting on my ebike? I'd really prefer not to have expend the energy to swing my leg off it.

And when the snow starts to fly let's break out the E Snowmobile. Super quiet. It's amazing they are making electric snowmobiles. There will be snow on the ground won't disturb the soil. Screw snowshoes or skis to much work . Mine is gonna have a ""grill rack" for those late season cow/calve elk hunts. We will be cooking up fresh loins in the "backcountry"

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Where would you draw the line. Black powder only? Iron sights only? No scopes over 4X? No spotting scopes? No GPS? No rangefinders? No horses? No game carts?
No clue, it's too late for any of those issues.

In my opinion, we should be looking at drawing new lines as new technology comes into play. Anytime a true "game changer" is developed we should be asking ourselves if we really want the game changed.

Sadler

WKR
Haven’t read much of this thread but I agree, if horses are allowed so should ebikes. Just limit the power output they can have. Either way, I’d buy a cheap one because people that don’t agree with them may try to disable it and leave you stranded.

CoStick

WKR
Haven’t read much of this thread but I agree, if horses are allowed so should ebikes. Just limit the power output they can have. Either way, I’d buy a cheap one because people that don’t agree with them may try to disable it and leave you stranded.
If they open to e bikes, they will be open to all motorized vehicles, no limit.

I propose the "turd test" if it makes manure your good. Pack goats-good, llama-good, horses-good, mules- good and last but ,not least elephants .you know the kind they ride to hunt Bengal tigers in india. Could you imagine how much stuff you could pack in and out. I would get rid of any backpack or ultralight stuff I own. Some guy gets his truck stuck at the trailhead. Dumbo could pull him out. Blow down trees across the trail .no problem. Go back to gutting out your bull elk the old way and load up the whole thing. None of this quartering/bone out business. Honda generator /refrigerator for cold drinks. The options are endless. Probably the biggest drawback would be the giant turds left on the trail. Wiping out after hitting one wouldn't go over well with the public

Hallelujah- no need to workout anymore; just buy an e-bike!
Hey those ebikes aren't cheap. I have a slightly used pack elephant I would give you the deal of the century on! By the way your post on the "little hike" you and your buddy went on looked brutal. Great job

I have always found this a ridiculous argument-- we came so far why should we stop now?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
It wasn't an argument. It was questions. Questions about tools that make it easier for us to kill stuff. Are we at a point now where we should just say no to anything else that might make it easier?

It wasn't an argument. It was questions. Questions about tools that make it easier for us to kill stuff. Are we at a point now where we should just say no to anything else that might make it easier?
My answer.

Anything that fundamentally changes the hunt… yes, we are at that point.

Rifles are probably about as lightweight as they will ever get. Other gear may get a little bit lighter. You still have to carry it up with human or animal power. Animal power is just as much work as human power. Powered machines that carry you and your gear will change the nature of the hunt.

If someone wants it easier to fill the freezer and hang a trophy they sell meat in the supermarket and trophies can be bought. All way easier, and cheaper too. If you insist on making the kill yourself there are plenty of high fence “hunts” in texas that should suit you.

I’m not berating or speaking directly to you
@Fartrell Cluggins
I’m addressing the general audience by giving my answer to your question.

Last edited:

CoStick

WKR
If motors are allowed on these trails we will need all the advantages we can get with the amount of year round traffic that will be there.

RMM

WKR
Animal power is just as much work as human power.
Right, for the animal. Hike 15 miles then ride a horse in 15 miles and tell me which one is easier. There's a big reason why people go through the trouble of using an animal that can kill you if the wind blows the wrong way and its not because it makes access harder.