Good places to buy from

Tradchef

WKR
Hey guys,
so my Zeiss binos need to go back in the shop again and I’m assuming it’ll be a while before I get them back with Covid slowing things a bit. I’m wanting to get another pair of binos in the 10x42 Range. Was looking at the SLC or UHDs currently. Any others you might suggest and where do you guys usually get yours from? I’ve done SportOptics and Cameraland before and both were great. Any others that might have good deals or refurbs or returns to pick up for a little less cash?

scott

BjornF16

WKR
I bought my SLC and EL from S & S Archery..."rokslide" will get you a 10% discount

BjornF16

WKR
I would also add that I've bought many scopes and some "demo" glass from CameraLand NY.

Recently, Doug couldn't match price from S&S on my 8.5x42 EL. In fact, he told me I should jump on them at their price. 30 minutes later he calls me back with a better price. Unfortunately I had already pulled the trigger.

Shop them against one another...

BBob

WKR
goHUNT Cody Nelson. Great support, fast shipping. Cody can come up with some great pricing at times if you reach out to him directly.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve actually found Cabelas to be the cheapest on new swaro since they don’t really go on sale anywhere ever. You have to be patient to get the best deal and need a cabelas credit card.

Get gift cards through raise. Wait for cabelas to have a 10% off day. Then go through activejunky to make your purchase. I’ve gotten around 30% off using this method. Without this method, I wouldn’t have been able to justify buying the swaro I own.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
goHUNT Cody Nelson. Great support, fast shipping. Cody can come up with some great pricing at times if you reach out to him directly.

HARD DISAGREE

I never dealt with Cody, but my single experience with GoHunt on an optics purchase was the absolute opposite experience. This was in 2019. They made one of the dumbest CS decisions I’ve ever seen and I got screwed because they wanted to save $30 over a pricing error they made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't want to spend a ton, Nikon just today listed some MHG's refurbs for $499 (reg. $699) free shipping and no tax for many states... and Tract is offering $100 off any Toric product for the next couple days. Both are good glass just below Alpha.

Last edited:
OP
Tradchef

Tradchef

WKR
I’ve been saving for a year now so I’ve got the cash. I just want to get the best price on the best glass I can get. My Zeiss are in the 1k class so I just want a solid set of 10x42 and be done. Anyone dealt with Texas bino man? Anyone ran the UHDs so far? I looked through em at sportsmans and they were nice but for swaro pricing I’m not so sure on that. I just haven’t seen many in field reviews yet.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been saving for a year now so I’ve got the cash. I just want to get the best price on the best glass I can get. My Zeiss are in the 1k class so I just want a solid set of 10x42 and be done. Anyone dealt with Texas bino man? Anyone ran the UHDs so far? I looked through em at sportsmans and they were nice but for swaro pricing I’m not so sure on that. I just haven’t seen many in field reviews yet.
In that case post #2 is the ticket. But first I'd call Doug and see if he can match the S&S price. The 10x42 SLC's are hard to beat for the money.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Rob at S&S and the guys at Cameraland have both been great for purchases I've made over the past six months. It was the first time I had done business with S&S and I will buy from them again. I have beena Cameraland customer for years and will continue to purchase from there too. Both great options.

tdhanses

WKR
Oth S&S and cameralandny are great, cameraland has inventory and S&S usually drop ships from the mfg.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you just need some glass until your Zeiss are back, we could rent you a set for your hunts. If you decide that you like them, we can apply 7 days of the rental toward purchase, and since they’re lightly used, we can give you a solid deal on them depending on their age and condition. If you want to test some glass out in the field I can send you two pair to compare and apply 7 days of the combined rental toward purchase of the one you choose. I have the 10x42 UHD’s, EL’s, NL’s, Noctivid, some Zeiss, and several other great options at Rent Guns and Gear.

Brooks

WKR
I can tell you one place I would never buy from again Bear Basin Outfitters in California !! Worst optic buying experience I’ve ever gotten into. Stick with the ones these guys are telling you about. Tried and true.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s a great concept man. How’s business been for you with that?

Thanks Tradchef!! It’s going great! We’ve worked with a bunch of awesome customers that have been grateful to be able to use high end gear for their hunts or to be able to try stuff out before they commit to buying it.

I’m enjoying working with guys on their gear choices and making a small contribution to enhance their overall hunting experience. It’s been extremely rewarding, but also an unbelievable amount of work and stress getting it off the ground.