Good start to the season

OP
S

SwampGhost

Lil-Rokslider
On the sixth day I was fortunate to take another mature doe with the Selfbow I built this summer. My first bow to complete that didn’t break!
I was hunting public in Nebraska. Scouted the alfalfa fields early upon arriving but wasn’t seeing deer or much sign there. Last year this place had zero acorns. But this year there were lots of Bur Oaks dropping, that’s why the deer weren’t on the alfalfa fields. Found lots of droppings under one and that’s where I shot the first doe. The next day I found some heavy trails leading to an alfalfa field so I walked the main trail back into the woods about 125 yards and marked a tree. The next morning I slipped in there and it was long the parade of deer started down the trail towards bedding. I shot the first big doe in line. She ran about 75 yards and started blowing. I thought that isn’t a good sign but I saw my arrow hit low behind the front shoulder. Waited a couple hours then climbed down and found her not far from where I’d last heard her blowing.
the last doe was on a morning hunt in a new spot coming to acorns. Very blessed to have had such a good start to the season. Thanks
Corey
3C96B09A-2402-49B8-8EB0-EA23FF4AB1CE.jpeg