Good, supportive boot...not a brick!

TheViking

WKR
Hey guys -

I've been a Crispi user for most of my hunting career. I acquired some Posterior Tibial Tendonitis last summer and it's been a bitch. That is mostly on the mend now (lots of PT and custom orthotics).

I decided to buy Lathrop & Sons Mountain Hunter Elite's and they literally saved my hunting season. They are a super stiff boot with a ton of torsional support.

After having some foot issues I have realized how non supportive (laterally) Crispsi's are. I'm not here to talk smack about them, I still love them, but I need to be more conscience about more supportive boots from here on out, they just aren't for me.

Has anyone else had similar issues, or need a more supportive boot?

I'm not against continuing on with the L&S, but I wouldn't mind something that's slightly less stiff.

Would love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks!

arock

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Schnees Timberline boot that is pretty flexible and has a higher collar. If I'm doing more scrambling or going over rockier steep terrain my feet do still get a little beat up with those.

If you need the support I don't think there is a short cut around it.

You could try to start working into more "barefoot" style shows and getting a regular yoga practice going to build up some of the strength in your feet and those supporting muscle groups which may open up some lighter footwear to you.

If you like a super stiff boot and have a narrower foot, the Salewa Raven 3 was awesome for me this year. Had some durability issue that are being handled under warranty, but comfort, support and traction were the best I’ve used. They still have a decently wide toe box but the mid foot and heel are narrow which works for my feet perfectly.