Good value ballhead with panning function

Is there a consensus on a good light ballhead with panning function that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. This would be for glassing with binos.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I had given up on ball heads until I came across the RRS BPC-16. Barely 4oz, use it all the time with 10x, 15x, and kowa 553, love it.

OP
G
I had given up on ball heads until I came across the RRS BPC-16. Barely 4oz, use it all the time with 10x, 15x, and kowa 553, love it.
That does look nice. I've never had a ballhead but I would think you'd want to be able to add a little tension to the ball adjustment which you might not get with the lever? Definitely lightweight

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used the Sirui K-10x with my Meopta S2 spotter and it worked great. Sold the spotter, but still hanging onto the head in case I ever feel the need to do a bunch of glassing.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
That does look nice. I've never had a ballhead but I would think you'd want to be able to add a little tension to the ball adjustment which you might not get with the lever? Definitely lightweight
Yea can add tension, it is adjustable by taking the lever off and rotating it around a gear if that makes sense.

OP
G
I used the Sirui K-10x with my Meopta S2 spotter and it worked great. Sold the spotter, but still hanging onto the head in case I ever feel the need to do a bunch of glassing.
That looks stout! Little heavy though