Good, warm clothes

What is a good warm set of camo for about 15 degree to 30 degree weather? I want something silent for bowhunting, cheap and warm. I usually don't spend much on camo. Thanks

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
What is a good warm set of camo for about 15 degree to 30 degree weather? I want something silent for bowhunting, cheap and warm. I usually don't spend much on camo. Thanks

Find some puffy type pants, ski or otherwise, on sale (Sierra Trading, eBay, etc) and a jacket to match. They’ll usually block some wind with their shell as well. Get an ASAT leafy suit or similar to go over. They weight nothing.

Bow or rifle? Cheap, good, and camo don’t usually go together in the same sentence.

OP
J
Yeah I know I was asking alot by saying quiet, cheap and warm with the word camo. Lol right now I layer a base slayer with a sherpa top and pants then my early season camo for a outer shell. Still get a bit cold.

Codyk315

FNG
Good luck on finding much that is cheap and good. I have had several different brands of gear and have learned that you get what you pay for. If its warm, its usually loud, heavy, and bulky. Not to mention the durability issues with seams ripping, holes in pockets, zippers breaking, etc. I also did the whole layer with what you have thing, and that sucks just as much, because then you can't move, on top of usually being cold because you have compressed all you blood vessels and have limited circulation.

It is more expensive but good quality gear, like Sitka, Nomad, First Lite, etc., is a very good investment.

OP
J
All the nomad outfits my buddy has is loud. Good stuff but very loud (in my opinion) for bow hunting. Been looking at scentlok. Wish they had a store i could go and check the stuff out though. (Since the company is up the road from me)

260madman

WKR
Your best bet would have been Gander Mt before they went belly up. They used to make a 3 in 1 parka and insulated bibs in camo. Now it’s just orange. As much as I despise the new owner, if they still made them in camo I’d buy a set.

check out Redhead at Cabela’s/Basspro. I bought a 3 in 1 parka and bibs this fall for cold weather. The bibs aren’t as warm as expected but the jacket seems to be almost as warm as the Gander one in orange I have. Use adhesive body warmers by Hot Hands. I use one on my chest wher my heart is. He helps a lot with core temperature.

Its hard to find insulated clothing that doesn’t have a nylon liner while being budget friendly. I’m very picky about my clothing for coyote hunting. You get busted once because of nylon in the sleeves and you’ll go looking for something better.

OP
J
I found that cabelas makes a berber fleece series. Only 90 for the jacket and 90 for the pants. Being berber it seems like it should be quiet and warm.

LostArra

WKR
I found that cabelas makes a berber fleece series. Only 90 for the jacket and 90 for the pants. Being berber it seems like it should be quiet and warm.
I like Cabelas Wooltimate better than the berber but it's pricier if purchased new. Keep an eye on classifieds on various hunting sites. It shows up regularly.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
OP
J
I like Cabelas Wooltimate better than the berber but it's pricier if purchased new. Keep an eye on classifieds on various hunting sites. It shows up regularly.

Refire soft shell camo jacket, $45. They also have pants for about the same.

Just wondering how quiet it is. I need quiet camo for stand/bow hunting.

OP
J
Welp just went to cabelas. Ended up getting the redhead sentinel tundra suede, fleece jacket and pants. Very very quiet and seem like they will be food in cold weather. Thanks everyone

dallas.kc

Lil-Rokslider
A really overlooked piece is the Vellus set by Kryptek. I have the jacket. You can find it on Camofire every couple weeks or so, and it’s not terribly expensive to begin with. It’s essentially a Sitka stratus jacket with thinsulate insulation and put zips. It’s windproof and (they say) waterproof. I’d like to try the pants but can’t bring myself to spend any more money this year. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
As a side comment, within clothing options, I like bibs better than pants for warmth.

OP
J
A really overlooked piece is the Vellus set by Kryptek. I have the jacket. You can find it on Camofire every couple weeks or so, and it’s not terribly expensive to begin with. It’s essentially a Sitka stratus jacket with thinsulate insulation and put zips. It’s windproof and (they say) waterproof. I’d like to try the pants but can’t bring myself to spend any more money this year. Lol

Hows the noise factor on the jacket?

You could go old school and haul a synthetic camo sleeping bag up there. The Wiggy's bag are great for this and will silently fall away as you stand up.

dallas.kc

Lil-Rokslider
Hows the noise factor on the jacket?

I’ve heard some people say the laminate wind stopper in there “squeaks”, but I feel like you are really knit picking at that point. It’s got a fleece brushed outside layer so as far as movement it’s not loud at all. I think what people are talking about is when the hood is up they can hear that laminate in the hood....well yeah, it’s right by your freakin ears! I’ve hunted in louder stuff, is what I’m getting at.

Will_m

WKR
Abandon the camo requirement and you can get outfitted with what you are looking for well within that price range.