Good youth bow

nebhunt

WKR
Looking for a good bow for my 13 yr old son . I would like a quality bow that will last him 3 to 4 years. Maybe something like the Hoyt Ignite? Any information is appreciated.

nphunter

WKR
Depends on his size. A Hoyt Ruckus is a great bow if he’s smaller frames. My son shoots one and is 5’5” and has a 26” draw. I actually just bought him a Strothers Hope this week which is a 26-30” Bow with 30-40lb limbs.

My (then) 13 year old shot his first bull with a PSE Chaos in 2017. It'll likely still be fine for him this year at 15. Easily adjustable cams for draw/weight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Both of my girls have diamond edge sb1's and I'd recommend them, tons of adjustability for growing, pretty solid wall, bowtech camd, been great for them

BigWoods

WKR
Take a look at the Mission line of bows. Very adjustable and a lot of down-stream tech from Mathews. I shot their new MXR, and while not quite as dead in the hand and as well balanced the top shelf Mathews stuff, it was very smooth drawing and quiet on the shot with nothing on it except for a whisker biscuit.

Just recently got a PSE Stinger for my daughter. The thing about it though is that it may not meet your son's specs - depending how his draw length.

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
Thanks to all for the great information. He has a 24" draw and think max weight for him right now would be 40lbs. Now I just have to find one of the bows mentioned. My local archery shop is great but we live in a small town so he doesn't get in a lot of used bows for youth compared to a larger city shop would.

Both of my girls have diamond edge sb1's and I'd recommend them, tons of adjustability for growing, pretty solid wall, bowtech camd, been great for them

I would find this diamond SB1 and be done with it. My wife has this bow and its pretty solid for a bow that can cover the full spectrum of draw lengths and 5 lb up to 70 lb. I believe we paid $400 for the package and got rid of the rest other than that everything on the bow is very functional. The advantage of the SB1 over the infinite edge is a better string, deeper string gooves in the cams, and just a little better quality all around. I know a relative has one of the mission youth bows and it is very heavy. I set up an SB1 for a guy at work last fall and it shot well at 60 pounds and 28" draw.

Scoot

WKR
Mission Craze II. I've had both my kids and a bunch of friends' kids use them and I'm very pleased.

MattB

WKR
I just bought a Hoyt Fireshot for my 11 yo daughter, which has an amazing amount of adjustability (could even be made to fit me).

dkime

WKR
I've got a 40-60 Bowtech soldier that was barely shot I've been considering selling if you were interested.

fatlander

WKR
I’d take him somewhere and let him shoot as many of the hyper adjustable bows that have been mentioned. Let him get the bow that fits him best, he’ll thank you for it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk