Goodbye Jared, (for now)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Been dreading this one...

One of our most faithful and active writers will be taking a hiatus to serve his country overseas.

Jared Bloomgren has been with us since the day Ryan hit the publish button. He is one of the most successful multi-species, multi-weapon hunters I've ever known. Even better, he's willing to put his adventures, tips, and tactics to word for all to benefit. Writing isn't all glory and is fraught with late nights, early mornings, deadlines, and walking the line between consumers and sponsors, yet Jared has always been trustworthy, honest, committed, and never one to cut corners.

Even with his passion for the backcountry, it is evident that he puts family first.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a little info on Jared:

Jared has been in the service for 17 years and started out as an enlisted Soldier in 2000 and an engineer. Later on as an NCO he decided he wanted to become an officer and joined the Officer Candidate School and accepted his commission in 2007. Since then he has held various positions as a combat engineer working for the SD National Guard. He has always strived to help teach subordinate Soldiers all that he can to increase their readiness all while learning all that he could from his leadership. Today he is the Commander of the 216th Engineer Headquarters and will deploy with four teams under him in July of 2017 for roughly one year.

So please take a minute to wish him well. It'll be a little quieter around here without him and there's a whole bunch of people who need him back.

(Looking forward to that 2018 mule deer hunt, Jared, so keep yourself safe!)

I could bury you in articles he's written for Rokslide members, but here are just a few ...
Maximum Effective Range
Setting Up Your Bow, DIY Style
KDC Ultralight SnipePod & Granite Peak Tripod Review
Custom Bow Equipment (CBE) Sights
Planning A Western Elk Hunt
Kryptek Early Season Clothing Kit
Who Is Jared Bloomgren? - Rok Blog

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks you for Standing the Watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I can second Robby's thoughts on Jared. He has always been a super easy, kind and thoughtful Rokslide staffer to work with. I still chuckle about the time I accidentally 'poked' him on Facebook. I had only met him once and was mortified! He laughed it off like a champ. I however wanted to die! I'd only met him once and knew he was like WTF! Stay safe my friend, and thank you for serving our country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can second Robby's thoughts on Jared. He has always been a super easy, kind and thoughtful Rokslide staffer to work with. I still chuckle about the time I accidentally 'poked' him on Facebook. I had only met him once and was mortified! He laughed it off like a champ. I however wanted to die! I'd only met him once and knew he was like WTF! Stay safe my friend, and thank you for serving our country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cracking me up Tanya! I remember it well! I was like, "Uh Ryan, your wife is poking me?!" Wasn't sure how to feel about it! Caught me off guard! Haha

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you all! I enjoy being a part of this community and look forward to the future with you all!!