Goosefeet Gear

Has anyone used the goosefeet gear down pillow? I have the STS Aeros ultra light but I just can’t get comfortable with a blow up pillow and always end up taking my little Teton sport pillow that ends up on the ground next to me. Looking at this down option to put my aeros inside of? Or other options?

jolemons

WKR
I have used a Western Mountaineering down pillow before. I found the down to be too compressible to offer any support and quickly ditched it. I had a guy on Backpacking Light make me a pillow out of cuben and dyneema that is stuffed with chunks of memory foam and love it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Droptine27
I have used a Western Mountaineering down pillow before. I found the down to be too compressible to offer any support and quickly ditched it. I had a guy on Backpacking Light make me a pillow out of cuben and dyneema that is stuffed with chunks of memory foam and love it.

Do they make these per request? Or can you order one?

jolemons

WKR
I had mine made a few years back, so unsure if he's still doing it. Create an account and PM user Uncle Luke, he is the maker.

7JK

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my goosefeet down pillow. I ordered a medium with a sleeve to stuff a shirt or a light puffy in on one side if needed. It works great but I’d recommend a large I think that’d be the best option and not much weight gain either.

OP
Droptine27
I really like my goosefeet down pillow. I ordered a medium with a sleeve to stuff a shirt or a light puffy in on one side if needed. It works great but I’d recommend a large I think that’d be the best option and not much weight gain either.
Have you ever used it with an air bladder pillow stuffed in the pocket? Would one even fit? How is the loft retention?

7JK

Lil-Rokslider
No I haven’t. I used it on a 5 day backpack trip and a few camping trips and it’s held up good so far. I’m not sure about an air pillow in the medium but maybe partially inflated?

OP
Droptine27
Goosefeet down pillow isn't a good option. It goes down too flat once you lay on it, you almost won't notice you are on a pillow. Poor performance for the price tag.
I’m looking more into using it to stuff my air bladder pillow inside of to help make it usable for me. I’m kind of leaning away from the down and air pillows now. They’re much more packable but I’m leaning towards trying out a memory foam option.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Here’s a compromise
ab6c60bec1432fc9e7086112863ffede.jpg

8c1eca7e83a104b2705a6659f024fc70.jpg

Trekology 2.0 and GooseFeet Gear down hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mudd Foot

WKR
Yes. Typically I hunt 3rd week of Sept in mid Colorado. Tents are at 10,000 ft. It can drop into high 20’s. Average is range is 35-40°.

OP
Droptine27
Yes. Typically I hunt 3rd week of Sept in mid Colorado. Tents are at 10,000 ft. It can drop into high 20’s. Average is range is 35-40°.

I do like the idea of the strap. I tried using gorilla tape one time to hold my Aeros to my pad and ended up waking up with the tape stuck in my beard... was like getting a backcountry wax job

mlgc20

WKR
I have the large Gossefeet Gear down pillow. I pair is with an XL Exped Air Pillow. I put them both in a custom pillowcase that I had made. The pillowcase has straps that keep it attached to my sleeping pad. Got this setup dialed in several years ago and don’t see it changing any time soon.

Attachments

• Pillow2.jpg
    Pillow2.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
Droptine27
I have the large Gossefeet Gear down pillow. I pair is with an XL Exped Air Pillow. I put them both in a custom pillowcase that I had made. The pillowcase has straps that keep it attached to my sleeping pad. Got this setup dialed in several years ago and don’t see it changing any time soon.
What material did you use to make the case?