GoPro

Clarktar

WKR
Anyone using GoPro to do some video of trips etc? How about using one for pictures, and digiscoping? I have the option of getting some GoPro stuff, so I wanted to see if anyone had some experience with them. Recommended? What asseorcies are useful?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used the go pro during shed seasons...see video posted...I used the chest harness and will use headband during archery elk...simple to compose videos using go pro download....only issue is possible need for external mic but then is not waterproof...fun thing to have and very straight forward. Have not used to take stills nor delved into the various options.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks Ross. So, there is no mic that can pic up sound, or there is, but the quality is such that a guy really needs an external one...

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The mic is adequate while in the case, but for distant sounds ie bugling Bulls it will not pick up the sound over maybe 50 yds...so as designed far off sounds will be difficult to acquire. When out of the case the mic acquires sound very well but no longer protected and not really designed for that...