gore tex or leatherlined boots?

men, im gearing uo to buy ,most probably,my last pair of boots, The last couple have been goretex lined and once they get wet they seem to stay wet,i had leatherlined ski boots growing up and remember them pretty comfortable. i've got some scnee pacs and see ththe beartooth has a leatherlining if one wants
anyone wish to share their thoughts?

xcutter

WKR
Leather lined boot are very comfortable but my experience is they will eventually wet out and take forever to dry and also take on a lot of water weight. I prefer a leather boot with Gortex (or equivalent). Key is to make sure you properly wax the boots to keep the outside leather from wetting out. Like Schnee's recommends Nikwax. Kenetrek has there own wax. Lowa has a recommended brand of wax treatment.

seww

WKR
I have a pair of leather shell, no lining at all just leather. Love them.
If they get wet, they take time to dry for sure. I solve that by changing my wool sock. I've hunted in leather and wool in -30C and being wet, not an issue until I stopped moving.

The trouble is finding boots. Closest I've found here in states are these: https://originalfootwear.com/collec...leather-combat-boot-10?variant=12153151651912
But 10" is a bit high and I don't care for the sole.

tdot

WKR
I'd take pure leather boots over the Goretex if I could find them in something that fits, but I don't even remember the last time I found a pair that fit me.

I've switched over to Scarpa's with the Outdry liner and that actually works as advertised. I haven't had wet feet yet and they breathe atleast as well or better then a raw leather boot.

seww

WKR
I'd take pure leather boots over the Goretex if I could find them in something that fits, but I don't even remember the last time I found a pair that fit me.

I've switched over to Scarpa's with the Outdry liner and that actually works as advertised. I haven't had wet feet yet and they breathe atleast as well or better then a raw leather boot.
Yeah I'm done with all GTX stuff.

I looked at the Hanwag Yukon, leather lined. And I found Danner has one leather boot: https://www.danner.com/men/work/bull-run-8-tobacco-moc-toe.html
But not sure how well that will hold up in the bush...

Many tactical style boots are non-gtx but they also have that damn side zip for some reason...

OP
B
Leather lined boot are very comfortable but my experience is they will eventually wet out and take forever to dry and also take on a lot of water weight. I prefer a leather boot with Gortex (or equivalent). Key is to make sure you properly wax the boots to keep the outside leather from wetting out. Like Schnee's recommends Nikwax. Kenetrek has there own wax. Lowa has a recommended brand of wax treatment.
yeah,my old ski boots were leather and they sure felt good, i know that schnees has a classic beartooth leatherlined but when i asked about resoling , well,it was just for the sole anything more ,they would send it away for more money,5-6 months the guy said, i ordered a pair of of lowa tibets from rei cause,of course,i can try them on and see how it goes. plus resoling 1s $125 and the do it all she said, sole , midsole, laces reproofing ,sewing if need be in a couple months ,sounded good to me.
ill look at those whites and hanwag yukons though seww,

I'm wearing the Lowa Tibet LL boots the last few seasons without any issues. Tried the Goretex Tibets a couple of times and they made my feet sweat terribly. Much prefer the Leather Lined model.

LostArra

WKR
I'm wearing the Lowa Tibet LL boots the last few seasons without any issues. Tried the Goretex Tibets a couple of times and they made my feet sweat terribly. Much prefer the Leather Lined model.
^^^Same experience. Lowa leather lined are much more comfortable for me. I was also wearing the LL Renegade lows to work.

Yeah I'm done with all GTX stuff.

I looked at the Hanwag Yukon, leather lined. And I found Danner has one leather boot: https://www.danner.com/men/work/bull-run-8-tobacco-moc-toe.html
But not sure how well that will hold up in the bush...

Many tactical style boots are non-gtx but they also have that damn side zip for some reason...
I took a pair of Yukon leather lined to three resoles in 6 years. Only time my feet wetted out was a day with no gaiters and pouring rain, and moisture came from top. Now I'm running Ancash LL

seww

WKR
It's hard to find the leather-lined models though! And most comes out around $400.. quality costs but hell...

I got a good feeling from the White's Boots. Went to Boot Barn and checked one model out, looks nice and soft. I like soft boots.

Going to take my current boots to a repair shop, see if they can be fixed for a few more years then I'll find some new ones.