Goretex warranty info

So heres the story, I bought a pair of Crispi boots at the pnw sportsman show february 2019 they are great right out of the box comfortable/waterproof exactly what I was hoping for. This spring during bear season walking through wet vegetation I could feel both my feet getting wet. I’ve never had any issues before so I tried them again on my next trip had rain pants and gaiters on and in wet vegetation my feet were getting wet. So I emailed Crispi and they asked for pics etc then told me to contact goretex because Crispi only has a 1 year warranty and goretex is lifetime warranty ( not what I was hoping for, seemed like they were just passing the buck) I thought that it was going to be a big hassle but I emailed goretex back and forth a few times they wanted a receipt from purchase which I didn’t have. But they asked about a half dozen questions and after I answered them they said to send them my paypal account info and a picture of my boots after I cut down the tongue 4” the next day I had 360$ in my paypal account.
I wish I would have known about this ACTUAL goretex warranty about 10 years ago. I’ve bought so many things that were supposed to be waterproof but weren’t or at least not very long that ended up getting thrown away. So anyway just trying to pass on the information and hope it helps someday else out. Good luck out there

Bill

……... and a picture of my boots after I cut down the tongue 4” the next day I had 360$ in my paypal account.

Bill

Bill, sorry for the stupid question, but why the 4 inch cut down the tongue ? I'm glad they took care of you, it's good to know they stand behind their product.

Bill, sorry for the stupid question, but why the 4 inch cut down the tongue ? I'm glad they took care of you, it's good to know they stand behind their product.
So they know you aren’t keeping you’re old boots

So they know you aren’t keeping you’re old boots

A 4 inch cut on the tongue would have no negative effect on the boot, especially if you sewed it up after the picture was taken. Not sure if that is the best way for them to make sure you don't use them anyway. He could probably sell them on Ebay in that condition, and recoup even more of his money, or just keep them and use them if there is no rain forecast.

OP
7718Sallee
These are some of the emails.

Attachments

• B699677B-E7AE-410D-A438-2AE9F89947D7.png
    B699677B-E7AE-410D-A438-2AE9F89947D7.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 67
  • A24B1236-C3F0-4365-BA85-6CC80029D609.png
    A24B1236-C3F0-4365-BA85-6CC80029D609.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 66
  • C4D2CC04-866C-48FC-8B40-745685237E6D.png
    C4D2CC04-866C-48FC-8B40-745685237E6D.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 63
I see by the email that they normally have the customer return the item, but due to the virus, they are foregoing that and just having the customer cut the tongue with scissors. Makes perfect sense now. Glad they took good care of you.

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair of Iowa renegade boots that lasted maybe 6 months before the seams by the toe box blew out and started leaking. Went through the process with goretex, sent them in, and they determined they were faulty and gave me $ credit. They were happy to simply replace the boot with the same model but I talked them into giving me the credit and using it towards another pair and I pay the difference in price. That’s how I ended up with my first Crispi boots actually. I have 3 pair now the oldest of which is going on 5 years with no leaks.

They replaced my 2.5 year old lowas a couple years ago gortex is a lifetime warranty. I definitely have respect for companies like this.

gdc23

FNG
That is good to know as I have had terrible luck with Gore-tex. If you read about how it works it is very easy to screw it up, even laundering can cause its failure.

Ucsdryder

WKR
They replaced my 2.5 year old lowas a couple years ago gortex is a lifetime warranty. I definitely have respect for companies like this.
The problem is people abuse it. Then it goes away. Just like cabelas. There was a guy on archerytalk back in the day bragging about buying his growing kids hunting clothes from cabelas and returning them at the end of the year. I was embarrassed for him but he thought he was so smart.

BCsteve

WKR
I have a pair of Meindl that I’m considering contacting Gore about their warranty. I bought them used, unworned with no receipt. Glad to hear it might still be an option.

GotDraw?

WKR

Come on. It's obvious. They told him to cut the tongue 4" down because the boots would be more waterproof that way than they were before they were cut.

JL