Gospel Hump Wilderness

Wild_Aber

FNG
Looking for some info about the Gospel Hump area. I would like to scout it but would like to take the family with me if possible. I would be accessing it from Elk City in July. Are the roads decent? I can see there are allot of mountain lakes are there any I could get to fairly easily with the kids and are there any fish? Do I needs to worry about grizzly? I would also appreciate any broad info about deer or elk population in the area as well but if I can get there I can also make my own call. It's about 5 hours drive time for me thought I would reach out before packing up the family. Thanks

Looking for some info about the Gospel Hump area. I would like to scout it but would like to take the family with me if possible. I would be accessing it from Elk City in July. Are the roads decent? I can see there are allot of mountain lakes are there any I could get to fairly easily with the kids and are there any fish? Do I needs to worry about grizzly? I would also appreciate any broad info about deer or elk population in the area as well but if I can get there I can also make my own call. It's about 5 hours drive time for me thought I would reach out before packing up the family. Thanks
The road to Orogrande Summit isn't bad. After that is gets pretty miserable. If you are going to travel in towards Concord, the road has a section that is aptly named Devils Staircase. There are multiple rocks with oil pan and differential scrapes and oil trails following . There is quite a bit of private ground around Hump Lake and Concord. It's been years since I have fished any of the lakes. According to IFG, it's been a long time since many of them have been stocked.

OP
Wild_Aber

Wild_Aber

FNG
The road to Orogrande Summit isn't bad. After that is gets pretty miserable. If you are going to travel in towards Concord, the road has a section that is aptly named Devils Staircase. There are multiple rocks with oil pan and differential scrapes and oil trails following . There is quite a bit of private ground around Hump Lake and Concord. It's been years since I have fished any of the lakes. According to IFG, it's been a long time since many of them have been stocked.
Thank you for the info

hey man, some buddies and i were looking into bear tags here. just wondering what kind of animals and how far in you got here