got a Griswold cast iron double burner from my dad

zacattack

WKR
Anybody know anything about these? Got it from my dad. Really neat piece that I would like to use if possible. Does need a little work.

Attachments

• FBE97217-4117-4DAB-AC81-55BFA37B4B96.jpeg
    FBE97217-4117-4DAB-AC81-55BFA37B4B96.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 94

Randle

WKR
Awesome stove and great piece of history, hope you enjoy it, maybe build it into a home back yard grill

Oregonboy

WKR
Sweet stove man! I'm somewhat of a collector and have 20ish items from Griswold, a few Wagners and a Martin or two, I love cookwear from the early 1900s.

The one you bought your dad is in great shape. I don't usually see them with the original porcelain handles in such good condition. It doesn't look like this piece was affected by rust or I don't see any pitting, which is also lucky.

With care and a little oil here and there, this will easily last another 100 years. Please update this thread with some action photos of this ole gal cooking something.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that's super cool. I have a dozen or so griswolds/eries. Love all the history they have. I haven't ever seen something like this by griswold!

I could probably post your picture on a Griswold facebook page I'm on and get some info on it if you'd like?

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Yeah that's super cool. I have a dozen or so griswolds/eries. Love all the history they have. I haven't ever seen something like this by griswold!

I could probably post your picture on a Griswold facebook page I'm on and get some info on it if you'd like?

Go right ahead. I’d appreciate any advice I can , what’s it called? Maybe I’ll join.

it only needs one repair, see picture. How would y’all fix this? Weld? JB Weld?

Attachments

• C8E1D126-0DCF-4C0D-A5B2-6F784ADCA2A8.jpeg
    C8E1D126-0DCF-4C0D-A5B2-6F784ADCA2A8.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 44

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Go right ahead. I’d appreciate any advice I can , what’s it called? Maybe I’ll join.

it only needs one repair, see picture. How would y’all fix this? Weld? JB Weld?

Griswold & Cast Iron Cookware Association Members & Friends

from the research I've with cracked skillets there's no good way to truly repair cast iron to the original state. Since this is on the under side of the burner and appearance isn't as big of an issue I believe there's some high heat food grade JB weld that might work. People do this with skillets sometimes, but they just look terrible afterword's.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Yeah it kinda sucks, maybe one day I’ll find a replacement but for now I’ll look into the JB weld.