Got Away For a Few Days

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Last week I was finally able to get over to northwest Wyoming to try and find a black bear. The area I wanted to go to closed the day before I left so I had to change plans and ended up going to an area where I may hunt for elk this fall. The trip ended up being more of a scouting trip for elk than a bear hunt, as I didn't see a single black bear. Here's some pictures

DS7_7178.JPG

DS7_7260.JPG

DS7_7311.JPG

DS7_7319.JPG

DS7_7332.JPG

DS7_7377.JPG

DS7_7391.JPG

DS7_7412.JPG

Jager

WKR
Great pics mate, some lovely looking stalking country and a few handy looking animals getting around. Not so sure that bear makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside though.

OP
Ethan S.

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everybody!

what's the dehydrated meal? looks homemade.

It is a homemade meal. There are not very many of the Mountain House meals that I care for so I got my sister to make me some. I don't know exactly how she does it, but she has made chili, chili mac, spaghetti and a couple others I can't think of right now. I like them a lot better as I don't like onions, peppers, peas and things like that so she made the meals without all that stuff.

Great pictures! What a bear you captured. How close did you get to him? Did he give you any problems?

I woke up from a nap and saw him walking towards me about 100 yards away. He saw me get up and kept coming closer but circled downwind a little. I had to move around some to get my rifle closer, didn't have a pistol or spray with me, that was when he stopped and looked right at me. He then continued to circle downwind and got to 50 yards when he smelled me. Once he smelled me he immediately turned and took off. If it was a sow with cubs I wouldn't let them get that close.

Here is a picture from last year, he got to 15 yards.

DSC_0174%2520%25282%2529.JPG

muleman

WKR
Thanks everybody!

It is a homemade meal. There are not very many of the Mountain House meals that I care for so I got my sister to make me some. I don't know exactly how she does it, but she has made chili, chili mac, spaghetti and a couple others I can't think of right now. I like them a lot better as I don't like onions, peppers, peas and things like that so she made the meals without all that stuff.

I woke up from a nap and saw him walking towards me about 100 yards away. He saw me get up and kept coming closer but circled downwind a little. I had to move around some to get my rifle closer, didn't have a pistol or spray with me, that was when he stopped and looked right at me. He then continued to circle downwind and got to 50 yards when he smelled me. Once he smelled me he immediately turned and took off. If it was a sow with cubs I wouldn't let them get that close.

Here is a picture from last year, he got to 15 yards.

DSC_0174%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Looks like your sister's food might be a hit with the bears too.

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
That there is God's country IMO! Thanks for sharing looks like a great time with awesome scenery and wildlife.

OP
Ethan S.

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
what digiscope setup are you running?

Nothing real special I guess, just the Swarovski scope and handheld my phone. The only problem with this setup is the battery life of the phone, but if I put it on airplane mode and turn it off when not using I have had it last five days before, taking a couple dozen or so pictures a day with it.