Got it done in idaho

Pwells10

WKR
One of the guys got it done solo for us. His first bull and his first year archery elk hunting. He practiced all year getting bugle and cow tones down.

I get a call mid day Sept 29th from him. Breathing extremely hard overcome with excitement saying, "I got a bull down, bull down baby! I just watched him roll 50 yards away!"

Thats when I knew I had to go help. Well very long story short, onX measures as the crow flies so what looks like 3 miles ended up being over 7 from the truck. Got there with one of our friends to head in and help, we didn't get back until 2 am. Next day me and him had to go get the rest. 7 in 7 out. Another 1230 am excursion. Beautiful country. Rugged though.

In a few months the video will be up for all to see.image000002(2).jpg

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
Good looking bull!

But... 7 miles in solo???

You can’t cheat the mountain

Yea I didn't believe it until my tracker came back saying it. His tent was 4 miles in off a trail so that was nice but last 2 miles weren't. Down 2 drainages and up 3

RR2012

Lil-Rokslider
One of the guys got it done solo for us. His first bull and his first year archery elk hunting. He practiced all year getting bugle and cow tones down.

I get a call mid day Sept 29th from him. Breathing extremely hard overcome with excitement saying, "I got a bull down, bull down baby! I just watched him roll 50 yards away!"

Thats when I knew I had to go help. Well very long story short, onX measures as the crow flies so what looks like 3 miles ended up being over 7 from the truck. Got there with one of our friends to head in and help, we didn't get back until 2 am. Next day me and him had to go get the rest. 7 in 7 out. Another 1230 am excursion. Beautiful country. Rugged though.

In a few months the video will be up for all to see.View attachment 124254
Sweet bull!! Congrats

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Wow nice bull. Was out for a week but struck out we got snowed as well 4 inch on the tent just bout colappsed it