Got my clothes nailed down for Elk, what ya think?

Finally got everything nailed down for elk this year. New Mexico second archery. I have a feeling something very similar will be my elk and deer set up in Colorado in the future too.

Am I missing anything? Thoughts?

Wear:
First lite aero wool boxers
First lite corrugate guide pants
First lite 1/2 zip aero wool long sleeve
Darn tough socks
Lowa renegades

In Pack:
First lite hoodie
Unpronounceable puffy
Kuiu Teton rain jacket
Kuiu rain pant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing?

What about your second set of clothes / backup clothes? Especially socks and underwear, t-shirt.

Hat, headwear, face mask?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Jtelarkin08
Missing?

What about your second set of clothes / backup clothes? Especially socks and underwear, t-shirt.

Hat, headwear, face mask?

Ya I have all that. Was just listing the main stuff that will be with me daily.

Kinabs for back up pant.
Extra wool undies and socks
Extra merino shirts
Ball cap
Beanie
Face paint
Extra socks

OR Croc Gaiters

Ya I have all that. Was just listing the main stuff that will be with me daily.

Kinabs for back up pant.
Extra wool undies and socks
Extra merino shirts
Ball cap
Beanie
Face paint
Extra socks

OR Croc Gaiters

I'm pro-headgear as I got no real hair to keep my head or face warm (genetics, age and kids do that I guess) so that's always an area of interest of mine.

I'd recommend bandannas/dew-rags, scarves as well. Very versitile with dozens of uses. I always carry one or two with me just like a knife.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Personally, I'd ditch the face paint and/or mask. I take a beanie, but hardly get cold enough to wear it. Most of the time I don't even wear a hat so I can cool off.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't used a scarve type thing but I love a light merino neck gaiter for keeping the sun off my neck and concealment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
Jtelarkin08
I haven't used a scarve type thing but I love a light merino neck gaiter for keeping the sun off my neck and concealment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ah I actually forgot that on my list. I ordered one of the new aero wool gaiters from S&S archery it just hasnt come in yet. Ill ditch the paint since i have that thing. That is one of the best items I had on my moose hunt. Unfortunately I lost it on like day 7 haha

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a solid kit to me, mine is pretty much the same. The one thing i learned last year is i didnt use rain pants at all and they are heavy. I dumped them and picked up some gaiters. They work great for the morning dew and wet grass after a rain. If it is a torential downpour I am probably not going to be hiking in it. But otherwise the light rain that we saw in the high country last year the gaiters and a rain jacket were plenty. Also gaiters were a lot less of a hassle taking on and off. Good luck with you hunting this year!

Matt

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
I also dumped my rain pants in favor of the gaitors. If it get's too bad, I also have a lightweight tarp i can hunker down under.

I for one will never head up hunting for an extended time without at least a packable set of rain pants. Even if I don't need them, it's light insurance.