Got my new hogleg today!

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
This here is a 54 caliber rifled pistol made by my good friend, John Pruitt. It has a 12" Green Mountain barrel, a large Siler lock, and the walnut stock is out of a tree off my family farm. John likes adding the osage trim just to make it pretty.

I called up Ryan at Muzzleloader Builder's Supply in mid December and told him I needed him to send John the parts to make me a pistol. I picked out the barrel and lock kit and Ryan picked out all the rest. Of course, ole John wasn't satisfied with a lot of what he received so he picked out his own stuff and had Ryan send it while he sent the rejects back. In just a few short weeks, he had the pistol finished and told me he was holding it hostage until payment was made for services rendered. Fortunately, I know the way to John's heart and that is right through his stomach. I sent him 4 sticks of venison summer sausage that I had just finished making, a couple pounds of venison breakfast sausage, and 8 dozen homemade cookies. Both parties were pleased with the deal!

I'm heading to my farm this weekend for one last round of bowhunting. I'm bringing this baby along to make some smoke!

Darren

WvpE7Nm.jpg

BBssNfj.jpg

robie

WKR
This here is a 54 caliber rifled pistol made by my good friend, John Pruitt. It has a 12" Green Mountain barrel, a large Siler lock, and the walnut stock is out of a tree off my family farm. John likes adding the osage trim just to make it pretty.

I called up Ryan at Muzzleloader Builder's Supply in mid December and told him I needed him to send John the parts to make me a pistol. I picked out the barrel and lock kit and Ryan picked out all the rest. Of course, ole John wasn't satisfied with a lot of what he received so he picked out his own stuff and had Ryan send it while he sent the rejects back. In just a few short weeks, he had the pistol finished and told me he was holding it hostage until payment was made for services rendered. Fortunately, I know the way to John's heart and that is right through his stomach. I sent him 4 sticks of venison summer sausage that I had just finished making, a couple pounds of venison breakfast sausage, and 8 dozen homemade cookies. Both parties were pleased with the deal!

I'm heading to my farm this weekend for one last round of bowhunting. I'm bringing this baby along to make some smoke!

Darren

WvpE7Nm.jpg

BBssNfj.jpg
Looks amazing. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk